Car loan after death in Pennsylvania

It’s part of the estate like any other asset/liability he had.

I handled my fathers estate without an attorneyin PA. It was pretty simple to do and the courthouse helped a lot with the forms.

2 houses, 2 cars, 5 financial accounts. Attorneys wanted 5% to do it for me. So I saved about $25k with maybe 5 hours of work.

Of course the state steals 4.5% also of money that was already taxed. But that’s a whole other issue.

4 Likes

My biggest question is if the auto loan can be absolved if the wife is not cosigned. I read two different things that it can be and/or that it can’t. But since there are other assets that are part of the estate I think we can’t get away from getting rid of the car without the bank coming after the house etc if we stop paying the car.

The car likely has equity in this market. Def not worth letting it go regardless if your assets are positive from the estate

Feel free to send me the vin and mileage. I can have my wholesaler make an offer

Jim
215-359-6836

Unfortunately it’s a bad loan, and the car is underwater by 10k, I already inquired about it with a dealer. But I will pm you the details.

did you tell the dealer about the situation? if so then they’re definitely screwing you. if you haven’t yet, see what its worth through these other sites:

He’s unfortunately underwater for sure. I asked a few people and confirmed for him. Going to be a theme going forward with all the markups if the market keeps turning.

Sorry for your loss op. Hope all goes well with the estate.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.