Can't we all just get along? :)

Yeah, that’s not what I call driving. I come from a land where we have corners and reverse camber :slight_smile:

1 Like

I come from a land where we have ridiculous amounts of freeways with stop and go traffic that drag on for hours where we’re thrilled to let the car do the driving. :wink:

2 Likes

Makes me want to put the Liverpool logo on mine.

Maybe we should do two polls on the forum.
Poll 1: Which Football (Soccer) team do you support?
Poll 2: Tesla - Car or Fast milk float? :wink:

1 Like

What’s a milk float? :stuck_out_tongue:

They were always electric :slight_smile:

In the UK it is how the milk got delivered!

You also drive on the wrong side :joy:

1 Like

Only the U.K. Would have a town called Barking.

1 Like

If you’re quintessentially English wouldn’t you watch cricket instead?

And for good reason!

In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option for feudal, violent societies. Since most people are right-handed, swordsmen preferred to keep to the left in order to have their right arm nearer to an opponent and their scabbard further from him. Moreover, it reduced the chance of the scabbard (worn on the left) hitting other people.

Furthermore, a right-handed person finds it easier to mount a horse from the left side of the horse, and it would be very difficult to do otherwise if wearing a sword (which would be worn on the left). It is safer to mount and dismount towards the side of the road, rather than in the middle of traffic, so if one mounts on the left, then the horse should be ridden on the left side of the road.

Hey, don’t bash our names. America basically just shoves New in front of a name and thinks it is being original :wink:

Any you know I like a bit of cricket max, but I prefer playing. Also, the Brits invented soccer so they both should count.

2 Likes

“Soccer”??? … From a Brit?

WTF are you talking about? I see names like Rome, Athens and Fredericksburg all the time, and none of them have New in front.

1 Like

Soccer is a actually a British term, believe it or not.

Yes, Soccer is a common shortened name of association football

No way… They couldn’t possibly come up with a word like this. What does it mean, anyway?

I was only joking about the New @max_g
New York, New England etc etc

There is actually a Wiki page with all the places in the US with English names. Pretty random page, some people have too much time on their hands!

Ok, @ng0

We really can’t all get along, we have a Chelsea fan in here and a Cricket loving Brit basher. I’m sorry we are just going to have to be very British about this and have a Stiff Upper Lip and carry on as normal!

And given my last comment about Milk Floats falling on deaf ears, here is the definition of Stiff upper lip:

1 Like

I was joking as well, all the names i cited were unoriginal :smiley:

Are there actually any American names or are they all derived from England, Germany, Spain, Mexico etc? I guess the real names are Native American right.

1 Like

Even from Ukraine and Russia