Can't get my dealer to play ball on a Pathfinder lease.....do I just start calling every dealer in the area?

Best time to get a good deal would be close to end of the month or end of the quarter communicating with the GM/SM/FM. Going thru with the sales agent will be a headache cause they can’t make any decisions. Try to find the manager’s email on their website and email them.

1 Like

UPDATE!

She’s coming back at 5% but the only one she has is a 50k MSRP car which is no bueno, going to ask if she can get me one of the 45-46K MSRP cars.

Dealers in Illinois and Wisconsin are discounting if youre willing to travel. Im seeing 6-8% off msrp on SV and SL. Just ignore your dealer for a bit and let them know you found something else youre interested in, and see what they come back with.

Why not just offer drive off and monthly? Total cost is easier to compute that way.

1 Like

Fear of low payments on the dealers side maybe?

1 Like

Why are you wasting everyone’s time negotiating on a car that doesn’t exist? Nissan’s web site shows in transit vehicles, find the car you want and negotiate on that.

Dude, if she’s giving you 5% on that, take that one.

You’ll realize that $50k one has way more options and more nicely built than the 45/46k ones and the payment difference is negligible.

Not to mention they can go 5% on the 50k one because the profit margin is deeper than a lower MSRP car.

1 Like

Easiest thing is just use a broker here.

In lieu of that you can use those deals as leverage

“I’m about to pull the trigger with an out of state dealer on a _____ the deal is ______ and sticker is ___” would prefer to stay local. Can you match the deal? If so I’m ready to sign asap”

Target dealers with a lot of aged inventory. It’s not hard if you expand your search.

If they say they can’t do it no worries, next.

If they say it’s not a real deal push back. I’ve done that and closed one that way.

And don’t call. Email.

I agree. All the back and forth is worth it sometimes for a unicorn, but for some cars, it’s unnecessary aggravation. If budget is an issue, keep emailing. If it isn’t just take the deal and save yourself a weekend of frustration

2 Likes

If you aren’t willing to use a broker then I’d calculate the cost of a broker and whatever shipping expenses you’d have and had those dollars back to a local deal and get it done

Thank you to everyone very sincerely for the help and input. I just wanted to update we took it home tonight ended up at $418 a month just startups down.

8 Likes

Congrats, can you share the full details?

Honestly I was never very good with that damn calculator, it was for my sister so I don’t have the paperwork in front of me. Just the roundabout numbers it was a 45,xxx MSRP car, I negotiated 5% off MSRP, there was a $300 incentive and it ended up at $418 a month.

I drove it home, it’s a really nice truck a legit SUV unlike the previous pathfinder. Has all the bells and whistles.

What’s your tax?

What’s the $ DAS?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.