Cant get a deal in Charlotte area

I wanted a HC as well, but the 392 was already expensive as it was for what is basically a toy. We had a 455hp Camaro trade-in for a while, and it seemed that 150hp was going toward making noise vs acceleration. An old boss had a 500hp Shelby GT500 when they first came out, and with the weight it seemed strong but not fast. I had a 2008 ZO6 Corvette, and it was fast due to its light weight. I’d love to try a ZR1 or a HC. I’ve had customers take me for a ride in a modified Nissan GT-R and a Ferrari 458. Those were fast.

I think its NC in general. The economy is good, a decent influx of people moving from out of state and great tax treatment for leases (only 3% tax on monthly) equals dealers not willing to discount as heavily. I have gotten 2 really good lease deals in the last 10 months. One was a last day of the year special from a small NC Volvo dealer. The 2nd I had to go to PA to get (from @nyclife) because the NC Infiniti dealers were $2500 higher. Currently chasing a pick up truck deal and pricing in NC is higher than surrounding states.

I figure there is about 1 week left to find a deal until the dealers are overwhelmed with hurricane insurance claim purchases as @vhooloo pointed out earlier.

Good luck.

Just had my final end of the month offer, sadly no new car for me. 45k challenger scat, $950 in positive trade, 1st mo at signing, $479 for 36/12. Scores a 7.6 on here. Oh well, maybe next month

Think you will need to expand your range northward, at least until the hurricane sale Gump dwindles.

Hey Adam i told u about a week or so ago u have to be willing to travel to get a good deal like i told u u can always ship it back to Charlotte just grind for an additional 1K discount to cover shipping. Hell when i bought my Charger Scat Pack at the end of July i made a post asking for advice. [KD6-3.7] Gave me the scoop on a dealer called them up got a quote placed a deposit left that evening drove 8 hours got in town around 3 AM got a hotel room got up at 9AM had breakfast. went to dealership test drove signed paperwork left with my car. A good deal will never just be in your backyard unless u in SOCAL lol.

2 Likes

I hear ya, this particular place is about 90 mins away. I’ve worked a deal with a place in dc area and Phili as well. Maybe October will have an extra grand or something lease cash

red%20challenger

I know Will. I’ve bought 4 FCA products from Keffer till they forged my loan docs:rage: but I had a 2018 Dodge Daytona for $540 a month fully loaded 10k miles $1k down $52k sticker and I got it in December 2017. Keffer usually gets me the best oeuvres in Charlotte but I am willing to
Look elsewhere !?

Totally agree- I am from NYC , lived in Cali and Miam…they are very laid back non aggressive to make a deal Here in Charlotte.