Can you lease exotics for 12-18 months?

Then he should lease both the R8 and i8 - he can split the mileage between those 2 cars. Just kidding. thanks for the correction … Or he could lease the R9 and an Ioniq. Put the miles on the Ioniq and show the R8 off

There’s a big difference between tax on just the monthly payment vs tax on the entire sales price.

1 Like

True, but then do exotics lease at 7.5-10k miles per year at reasonable price?

Absolutely not

Have you ever driven either McLaren or Lamborghini? If so, have you driven them on a daily basis?
Have you driven the new Huracan Evo? I just hate seeing comments like these suggesting these cars can’t be daily drivers. They absolutely can.

1 Like

look at the threads I post on and look at what I drive… yes I have had the pleasure of driving many exotics… have you daily driven any of these cars? I dd a 720s for 2 weeks while my hc was getting a new pulley and tune and it was great but several annoyances with the car like lowering and raising the car for going into driveways, etc. etc. you feel everything on the road in that car, so if you dont like that track experience you are going to hate it, on top of that these cars are performance built street racecars and racecars breakdown like no other, some better than others, Ferrari is better in this department than lamborghini and mclaren, lamborghini is probably the worst from the whole e-gear debacle in the gallardo but nowadays they are improving on quite a bit of the issues but still brakes, tranny flush, major services are needed on these cars every 4-5k miles, while most diligent owners do them every 2-3k miles. Next time just ask, no need to be condescending… I literally drive a 1000 hp car.

I think I should be able to give advice or at least my opinion on what’s daily driveable and what’s not, but feel free to sit in traffic in your 250k mclaren/lambo and enjoy how comfortable it is, he’s in so-cal not in the great mid-west with open roads, California traffic in the bay area and greater Los Angeles is awful.

1 Like

hellcat? Sorry you sound like a typical hellcat owner :smile:

Driven all of them, haven’t daily-driven any of them bc I don’t own any.

Completely agree.

100%, but you didn’t say “in my opinion”. You stated “do not get these cars if you want to dd them”. And that’s what I am saying - everyone is different. For me, personally, I’d be perfectly fine to any of those, especially new models they come up with.

At least they have better roads :wink:

in the east coast and midwest short of snow I think most exotics are daily driveable unless you are commuting. So I’m all for daily driving if it makes sense.

I have driven a large amount of exotics and performance cars, pretty much anything short of a hypercar I have driven or sat in. (haven’t driven an i8, some of the new AM, the superfast, and a few others.) For the most part modern supercars have all of the tech necessary to daily drive but they lack cargo space (if that’s important) they are often cramped or uncomfortable seating position for pro-longed sitting in traffic, their ground clearance is very low, stuff like the air suspension helps a lot.

Roads are subjective would you rather be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on good roads or have open highways on bad roads, the bad roads have moreso to do with the rough winters and lack of budgeted spending more than anything. I think Texas is a good compromise it has the best of both worlds from the few times I have driven in greater dallas or san antonio area.

As for my original post, I based him off his tag, California isn’t known for open roads in the greater Los Angeles area or bay area, traffic is his limiting reagent in the equation, if he lives/drives in an area with little to no traffic I think he will really enjoy daily driving an exotic but if he’s constantly stuck in traffic he will begin to hate it because the car isn’t exactly comfortable and/or able to be used to even a quarter of its potential.

Typical hellcat owners don’t mod as much as me, in fact I am starting to regret some of the money spent because it was a lease but knowing these performance cars they have to be constantly maintained and upkeep, the lease inspectors for these cars I would imagine are pretty strict as well so bank on ceramic pro for the car which is another 2-3k, on top of that the attention you get for driving a fast and loud car is not worth it, one of the reasons I’m kicking around the idea of going to an m5 is because everybody and their brother either stares or wants to race the bright orange car with a stripe down the middle that is “screaming” past them even if I’m only a 3-4k rpm (straight pipe from cats back probably doesn’t help my case) but imagine the attention from an exotic, probably 100x more, it’s fun until it gets old.

Completely agree. It’s no fun to be stuck in traffic regardless of the car you’re driving though :slight_smile:

Florida is a good compromise either :wink:
And California has some fun twisted canyon roads, can’t complain

I could only imagine how good it sounds

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for your next performance car hack :wink:, what do you have on the horizon or is it a secret?

Im going to guess you are 23-26 years old.

1 Like

Popcorn is popping im in for these when the teeth come out haha.

1 Like

Its always the mopar guys… :slight_smile: Know any?

2 Likes

Oh dont lump me into this we had a hatchback civic that would walk any of these cars lol.

damn I guess me being opinionated but 100% honest gives off bad vibes, yes 25, started with jdm( eclipse then supra), did german muscle(e55) for a while, hc was first American muscle, and have driven exotics(some of them friends cars but mostly pops vehicles) since I was 16.

I learned how to drive on an e60 m5 and an 997.2 turbo.

tldr; I may come off an a**hole but I do know what I’m talking about.

1 Like

You dont come off an as aHole. I just like to joke w JD about Mopar guys because I have never been one.

You’ve driven a good collection of cars and I appreciate your opinion.

25 is young for a navy seal, no? That’s more impressive than the car collection :slight_smile:

1 Like

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Topic. Lets stick to it.

I’ll own up to that one.

@j9yun keep us updated on the fancy new ride.

1 Like

Yes it was tough. We did not have fancy schmancy calculators and had to calculate them by hand going uphill both ways while taking incoming from the slimy Finance managers

1 Like