Can you lease exotics for 12-18 months?

There are a few i8 leases floating on the private lease transfer side of things. They are longer than your stated timeframe but fall fairly safely within your budget.

The miles you want to put on the vehicle is probably going to be the biggest limiting factor in your search for exotic leases as they tend to want to keep as few miles on them as possible.

@Bostoncarconcierge also caught something I thought of after: if you’re on a Visa you can’t borrow/lease longer than the Visa term but sounds like you’re good there

I’d look here in lease swaps and also on message boards for those brands. Maybe check with brokers in CA in case they have clients trying to get out.

Rob Ferretti is selling his fleet, including a 458 at wholesale prices. They hold their value pretty well. Better off buying it and selling in a year.

2 Likes

Thx bud. Mine’s hitting swapalease tomorrow with approx 18 months left

I actually think the i8 roadster is the perfect LA weekend car

2 Likes

stay away from the racecars if you are going to daily drive, mclaren and Lamborghini are absolute p.i.t.a as dd’s and if you aren’t a true car enthuasist or motorhead you will get sick of their sh*t real quick, heck even if you are you will get annoyed. something like an aston martin, amg gt, etc. etc. would better fit the bill or if you want to buy a used 911 turbo that wouldn’t be a bad move either. You should sit in or at least see some of these cars in person they all have their own particular quirks, maybe even ask for a test drive. you don’t wanna blow $24k to 45k on a car you hate to drive.

1 Like

I have 2 question for you. What do you do and how did you do it? :rofl:

1 Like

@jeisensc You can lease a car longer than visa term. H1-B work visa can be issued for max 3 years at a time and an extension is applied before the expiry date.

Depending where OP will register it in CA, sales tax on a $150k Ferrari could be around $15k. Adding in interest and how much it depreciates, buying might not be the way to go.

1 Like

*can be, yes. I have a good friend who didn’t apply for an extension or his green card (PRA) before his H1B expired: had to go home for a year and reapply. Even though he established good credit when he was here, he wasn’t able to lease a car himself after he returned (could purchase, and his sister who was a PRA could sign as the primary and him as secondary when he did lease.

And I’m sure you know H1B is just one of many Visa types. F1/J1 being two other common types, renewable, but shorter terms. A lot of lenders got stuck in the mid-2000s with leases to folks on Visas who just went home and left their cars at the airport. Copy of the Visa is a common stip when leasing or financing.

1 Like

Yes, I do agree there are many factors considered before a visa renewal application is submitted and without proper documentation it could get rejected. Someone with a good credit history and a valid visa (preferred at least a year of validity) should be able to lease a car.

1 Like

Tax and interest on lease has to be paid as well, doubt there are many incentives on exotics, at least you can spread it over a longer term. Buying a model that doesn’t depreciate like a rock is where he would realize most savings.

1 Like

You absolutely can. There is an R10 for lease swap for exactly 18 months on this forum!!! Look into it

1 Like

R8*

But he’d go way over the mileage.

OP can lease a 19 600 LT for 2499 but your only going to get 2500 miles. No exotic lease offer will be over 5k miles a year.

https://www.mclarenofgreenwich.com/2019-mclaren-600lt-coupe-c-3392.htm

Then he should lease both the R8 and i8 - he can split the mileage between those 2 cars. Just kidding. thanks for the correction … Or he could lease the R9 and an Ioniq. Put the miles on the Ioniq and show the R8 off

There’s a big difference between tax on just the monthly payment vs tax on the entire sales price.

1 Like

True, but then do exotics lease at 7.5-10k miles per year at reasonable price?

Absolutely not

Have you ever driven either McLaren or Lamborghini? If so, have you driven them on a daily basis?
Have you driven the new Huracan Evo? I just hate seeing comments like these suggesting these cars can’t be daily drivers. They absolutely can.

1 Like

look at the threads I post on and look at what I drive… yes I have had the pleasure of driving many exotics… have you daily driven any of these cars? I dd a 720s for 2 weeks while my hc was getting a new pulley and tune and it was great but several annoyances with the car like lowering and raising the car for going into driveways, etc. etc. you feel everything on the road in that car, so if you dont like that track experience you are going to hate it, on top of that these cars are performance built street racecars and racecars breakdown like no other, some better than others, Ferrari is better in this department than lamborghini and mclaren, lamborghini is probably the worst from the whole e-gear debacle in the gallardo but nowadays they are improving on quite a bit of the issues but still brakes, tranny flush, major services are needed on these cars every 4-5k miles, while most diligent owners do them every 2-3k miles. Next time just ask, no need to be condescending… I literally drive a 1000 hp car.

I think I should be able to give advice or at least my opinion on what’s daily driveable and what’s not, but feel free to sit in traffic in your 250k mclaren/lambo and enjoy how comfortable it is, he’s in so-cal not in the great mid-west with open roads, California traffic in the bay area and greater Los Angeles is awful.

1 Like