Can we talk tires with leases

So I love my new Mercedes but I hate the run flats on it. I want to put some Michelin pilot sport As3 on the car, can I just replace the runflats and then put them back on when I return the car? Or will they let me return the car with the michelins?

Generally as long as you have 4 matching tires on the car you won’t have any problems, but your mileage may vary. Check your contract to make sure.

Typically if you have a car that comes with run flats, I would think they would expect them to come back with a set of run flats. Get the Michelin’s on, save the stock run flats and swap em back before you turn it back in. I put the pilot sport 4s tires on my GS350 and what a difference! I’ll swap back my stock set before I turn mine in and sell the Michelin’s on Craigslist.

That is the safest strategy

Reread his question and look at your response.

My multi tasking skills are terrible. I edited what I meant to say. Thanks!

1 Like

If they aren’t bald, can you remove the run-flats now and put on the AS3’s. Then when you return the car, put the run-flats back on? Assuming you have a place to store them, of course, but the leasing company can’t complain if you return the car with the OEM tires.