Can we stop the thread dumping?

It is one big forum, a discussion forum, the sub forums are for discussing specific aspects of the topic at hand which is getting the best lease price possible. In those threads for a transfer they are discussing things related to that transfer deal are they not?

Again don’t have a dog in the race here, just find it really odd that someone would be in favor of censorship on a free discussion forum. If someone paid for an ad on a site for ads that is one thing but you’re posting an ad up on a discussion forum and then expecting it not to be discussed?

Really don’t understand the logic here unless someone personally has bias towards the issue…

Sure is! Did it hurt your feelings?
I should have worded my post better and accuse you for being from redneck country…wherever that is…that way we could keep pointing fingers at each other rather than have a conversation on the subject.

Hey, i just realized…isn’t it ironic that we started dumping on the “Can we stop the thread dumping?” thread?

That is not accurate. The Ask a Hackr subforum clearly invites critiques. The Private Lease Transfer subforum does not.

Damn haha…you okay buddy? I didn’t point any fingers at anyone I just don’t understand why anyone would push for censorship on a discussion forum.

Take is easy dude I didn’t realize it was that serious, trust me it’s not that deep…

You just re-imagined LeaseHackr, then. It is not one big forum, the subforums are limited as to their content and intent. If you can’t paint within the lines, then you shouldn’t paint. Even the first amendment – which doesn’t apply here anyway – has time, manner, place restrictions. So long as it’s reasonable, then they stand.

As for bias, I have dinged bad private transfer deals in the past. It was a popcorn moment. But that doesn’t mean I don’t see the folly in my prior ways.

Who tf is pushing for censorship?

You are right. I’ve made my points, but it’s up to the powers that be to choose to act or not. @michael @littleviolette

Look I’ll put it to you guys this way…

This forum has a terrible culture of dissuading anyone who doesn’t know the secret handshake and shooting down anyone who doesn’t agree with the general consensus. I could say it’s because of the “trusted hackr” badges giving people some weird sense of superiority or because other than for a few guys everyone is here temporarily but even with that taken into account it makes no sense why guys shoot down anyone who has something to say that doesn’t fall in line considering this is a forum for leasing cars something which shouldn’t be contentious at all.

That being said you think I would be in favor of telling people to calm down on the bashing of lease transfers but in reality that is contributing to the problem. It’s just more of “hey you’re not one of us and we don’t like what you said so shutup and learn your place”. That happens way too much on this forum and dissuades people from contributing or discussing anything with civility.

I know for me personally it’s gotten to the point where I just read the threads and don’t really try to contribute anymore. This forum helped me to negotiate a really good deal on a lease so at first I felt like I needed to give back and help others but anytime I did I had to defend myself to death over anything I said, even if it was just a matter of opinion…so i stopped.

Hey it is what it is, oh well…

2 Likes

You make a smart ass comment making some insinuation about residents of CA and NY, get called out for it, and yet have no idea why you’re being called out? Then you go on and insinuate some sort of secret handshake for not agreeing with the consensus or “terrible culture” of dissuasion on the site. Half on this thread agree with each side…I’m not sure where that consensus is you refer to.

1 Like

It very much is accurate.

The sticky says:

" Reserved for private deals. No commercial posting please.

If you value this platform for your private lease transfer, we would appreciate your small donation to keep it running. Thank you!"

All the ask a hackr subforum says is

“Ask your car lease questions!”

I understand what you want them to be, but you’re the one asking for a change in rules from what they currently are, not the other way around. What you’re asking may be the direction things should go (personally, I disagree, but I don’t run the forum, so it doesn’t matter), but that’s not what the current rules are.

2 Likes

I don’t know that I agree with this, at least in my observation. I think this forum is a bit short with people that take no time to do any reading and want to be spoonfed everything, but it seems to be very welcoming to people that actually put in a non-zero amount of effort. Maybe I’m biased and am one of the people that shoots people down (ok, when people go off on 1% rule stuff, guilty as charged), but I don’t generally think I am.

1 Like

It’s called a joke dude, I even put “haha” to signify it as such…

Seriously take it easy, I apologize that I don’t agree with you. Thanks for proving my point by the way…

Have it at boys…

Apparently I’m not the only one not to get the “joke”

I’m also not sure what “point” I helped you prove, but, you’re welcome.

2 Likes

Don’t bother reasoning with him, trust me. You’ll never win.

It’s the “secret handshake”…dang it, mp…we agreed at our last meeting not to talk about this in public!!!

1 Like

You guys are cute, again I apologize that I don’t have the same opinion as you and I apologize that you can’t handle that.

Your “reasoning” pretty much amounts to “agree with us or you’re wrong”.

But then again I wouldn’t expect anything different…

Yeah isnt it time to lock up this thread as well?

Censorship!!! NY13 wants censorship!!!
Mods have my sympathy…it’s hard sometimes to decide what is constructive and what is crap.

1 Like

Yup. Me love some of that censorship. Shut it all down.

1 Like

You need thicker skin. Half of the thread agrees with you, half of it doesn’t. Not a single person said you were wrong or right. Nobody bullied you, but we’re all entitled to our opinion, even if it doesn’t side with yours, just like you can have a different opinion than me. You have an Internet forum with thousands of people. Nobody will ever agree with your or my or anyone’s opinion 100% of the time.

That said, it is time I censure this thread. Both sides views have been presented. None of us can make the decision. The powers that be can decide that and update if necessary.

2 Likes