Can we implement this advertising rule?

Making baseless claims eventually gets sorted out in the review pages.

Hershey is a great asset to us glad to have him aboard.

1 Like

In all fairness, you did say (maybe)

1 Like

This - unreal!!

That always cracks me up.

They and Grant Cardone can go 10x their baseless claims some more :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Happy Year of the Ox! I have some Nian Gao ready to go for tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Is the year of the ox good? Last year was the rat and we got covid… :smirk:

1 Like

Ox tails are good, all I know.

What about rat tails?

A picture of a young @Ursus above

1 Like

No idea. Bat wings must be good.

OK back to topic at hand

Can we implement this rule?

No claims of best on lh and no rat tails.

I was thinking of asking something and didn’t, so now that the board is open on "advertising rules…ever since I joined/started DMV Lease, a lot of people are now using “DMV” in the the titles of their threads. I get that it’s a geographical area, but the fact that this started after I created a new entity with that in the name, it can be confusing for potential customers.

You aren’t even located in the DMV area. So what happens when you lose your DMV dealer? Only natural for anyone located and doing business in DMV to use it.

7 Likes

Ship nationwide? Lol

We either have to have no rules or a standard rule for advertising. Some brokers don’t include bank fees in their advertising which makes the price look artificially low as well. I’m fine with that bc if they want to quote a million tire kickers that’s their own time they’re wasting.

I’ve found that advertising pricing as close to the final price works out best for everyone. I still constantly have people that think tax tags are included even though it’s explicitly stated otherwise. After all we don’t want to play dealer bait and switch tricks, goes against the purpose of the website IMO.

If we do implement rules, advertising should be with all fixed costs included. Tax tags are the only variable. Loyalty, bank fees, military conquest etc shouldnt be in the price so we have uniformity across the website.

For example if I include military, and exclude bank fee in my advertising then my pricing will be $50-$65/mo lower. Makes no sense for me to do that unless I’m fishing for uneducated customers which is a blatant disservice to my clients. Hopefully since they come here they get a few quotes to compare each broker anyway.

The term inceptions is a dealer trick I think we should avoid as it’s a very loose term.

The race to the bottom, as some call it, should only exist on dealer discounts we can achieve for our clients and broker fees we charge them. I have no problem with a new broker coming in and charging $200 per deal. That’s their perogitive. Competition is good for the consumer, and consumers are the only reason we exist. Price fixing is the antithesis of what capitalism should be all about.

5 Likes

I would like to see a LH calculator with every ad so that everyone can adjust incentives and DAS. This one-price-fit-all model doesnt work for everyone.

4 Likes

It’s tough for me to do a calculator bc there’s no set discount at all times. Some vehicles have a higher discount then others. Color and options do carry a premium at times. But most of the time I can get more $ off if I push my dealers, but I can’t guarantee those prices at all times. I always give my highest price on my deals without tax/tags then I do all I can to get my clients lower pricing. If you’re ready to lock in a deal right now that has more weight then tire kickers. My deals are good enough that a rough base price is good enough, if you want a structured deal I can offer that, but 85% of the time you’re better off allowing me to do what I do best, and that’s negotiate on your behalf.

If you ask me, or @Jrouleau426 to do the calculator to do every single vehicle, it will take about a week to do so. We just quote payments and then it’s for customer to decide whether to move forward or not. Yes, some maybe tire kickers, but most of my customers and LHers trust him and I enough to make a deal. Or we didn’t think the deal is a deal, then we wouldn’t bother to touch it anyway.

1 Like

Most dealers don’t have time for that but you brokers can go ahead lol

3 Likes

I blatantly tell my clients I don’t have time for calcs. If you want to pay me a retainer I’ll be more then happy to do it for you. 90% of the time it’s in your best interest for me not to have a fixed discount. Want a red truck? I’ll take some extra money off…