Can this rim be repaired still? please help!

Do not take to the dealership. I had similar rim damages on my X5 wheel and it cost $150. I wish I had the before photos. I did a lease transfer and it looked good as new. There was no signs of any damage. It will likely cost you less than a single replacement.

Is this the same one?
Is this website legit (www.bmwpartscenter.com)?

The center cap with BMW logo on the wheel can be transferred from my old wheel to this new one, right?

Thank you everyone for your inputs and advice.
I think I’m just gonna order a new wheel from online and get it installed at like AAA shop or something.

Anyone against this idea?

Also, has anyone used the website (www.bmwpartscenter.com)? Are they legit?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

When I first had the crack on the wheel (front right), I had the TPMS warning light on everytime I started the car, but when I go to vehicle status, the pressure numbers were all fine for all 4 tires and I had zero issues driving for a few days. But the TPMS warning arrow appeared to be pointing towards rear right (not front right).

After I got the welding done, the TPMS warning light stopped popping up and instead it shows “OK” for the tire pressure. And it has been staying that way since last Saturday, and zero issues driving so far.

Overall, the pressure appears to be staying consistent 32-33 psi for the front 2 and 35-37 for the rear 2.

You need a front or rear? That’s a front. Caps are transferable. But I’d say use this as a learning experience and buy self leveling caps. Makes you cooler :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes I need a front one. Left/Right doesn’t matter, right?

Is there a way for me to make sure the Part # 36-11-8-747-236 matches with my current installed rim?

Front or rear matters, left right does not. Think if your car has staggered rim setups, that matters, but since the axels are well axels, they can’t be different.

You’ll need to have the wheel and tire mounted and balanced.

Sorry, what I meant to ask is

How do I make sure this part #36-11-8-747-236 is the right one for my car (identical one)?

Do I call BMW service and ask them to pull up my account and ask them to give me the part number for my wheel?

I just don’t want to order the wrong wheel and end up returning it