Can I negotiate the price of my leased vehicle at the end of the lease?

Hello everyone,
I live in Los Angeles, California, and my vehicle was involved in an accident (at the other driver’s fault), and there is a diminished value on the car. I plan to buy the car at the end of the lease, and I wondered if I could negotiate the payoff amount as it was relevant if the vehicle wasn’t involved in an accident. If the answer is yes, can I negotiate the price with GM financials directly? Because from what I saw on videos on youtube, when you go to a dealership, they start to add things like doc fees that increase the payoff amount, and so, it is recommended to deal with the buyout directly with the bank.
Thank you all for your help!

No, won’t work.

Nope, you signed a contract for a specific residual value and payoff listed in your contract

They have zero incentive to negotiate the payoff. Used car prices are through the roof, if you don’t want to pay what is listed in the contract there isn’t a chance they’ll accept lower when they can flip it and make money on it.

Here’ s some free advice. Don’ t buy a vehicle you know was involved in an accident.

No you cannot. READ your signed contract.

I don’t want to sound mean, but please don’t let YT be your only source of info.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.