Camaro rumored to be mothballed in 2023

They only sold 51k Camaros in 2018 and I’d guess a good minority of those were fleet sales. Not surprising they are shelving the car. My main takeaway when I took a Camaro off the National Emerald Aisle was that the visibility is terrible. Like freighting to drive in city terrible.

3 Likes

Maybe if Chevrolet stopped sucking, and got rid of their stupid “real people, not actors” commercials, people would want to buy their cars.

I took a Camaro SS out in LA once from the airport during a trip. Frightening visibility is an understatement.

2 Likes

Seriously, a friend rented one a few years back and I was excited to drive it. It had horrible visibility and to be honest the power sucked. It was also the SS model…

1 Like

I can totally see GM deciding to bring the nameplate back as a swoopy ‘coupe-like’ SUV or something equally stupid. Given what they’ve done to the Blazer, they might as well burn all the names down.

1 Like

Maybe…just maybe.
https://www.motor1.com/news/357444/chevy-camaro-ev-return-rumor/

It might happen…especially if the rumored Mustang EV comes to fruition.

1 Like

I had a 2018 SS 1LE and it was a great car. It compared very favorably to my F80 M3. Both were manuals. The main reason I got rid of the Camaro was the lack of space, visibility, and I wanted even more power. I do miss the way it handled.