Camaro rumored to be mothballed in 2023

They only sold 51k Camaros in 2018 and I’d guess a good minority of those were fleet sales. Not surprising they are shelving the car. My main takeaway when I took a Camaro off the National Emerald Aisle was that the visibility is terrible. Like freighting to drive in city terrible.

3 Likes

Maybe if Chevrolet stopped sucking, and got rid of their stupid “real people, not actors” commercials, people would want to buy their cars.

I took a Camaro SS out in LA once from the airport during a trip. Frightening visibility is an understatement.

2 Likes

Seriously, a friend rented one a few years back and I was excited to drive it. It had horrible visibility and to be honest the power sucked. It was also the SS model…

1 Like

I can totally see GM deciding to bring the nameplate back as a swoopy ‘coupe-like’ SUV or something equally stupid. Given what they’ve done to the Blazer, they might as well burn all the names down.

1 Like

Maybe…just maybe.
https://www.motor1.com/news/357444/chevy-camaro-ev-return-rumor/

It might happen…especially if the rumored Mustang EV comes to fruition.

1 Like

I had a 2018 SS 1LE and it was a great car. It compared very favorably to my F80 M3. Both were manuals. The main reason I got rid of the Camaro was the lack of space, visibility, and I wanted even more power. I do miss the way it handled.

455 Horsepower sucks ? What do you drive ?

My 2014 model only has 330 horsepower and even that “low” amount doesn’t suck

I concur with the visibility issue, but when you drive one everyday you get used to it and check 3 times before changing lanes.

IMO they screwed up trying to make it look like a hotwheels car with retro styling. A modern style on that brilliant chassis would be incredible. I’d love to drive a 4dr version with decent styling but I’m not really in the coupe demographic. The Chev SS should’ve been on the alpha platform and i would’ve bougtht one.

I remember when this new model was re-introduced in around 2007, when the first Transformer movie came out. It looked awesome, it was the hype back then. I guess nothing lasts forever if they nix it in 2023.

Came out as a 2010 model year. Hasn’t aged very well imo but I agree it was ALL the rage back in 2008

Mine looks like the Transformer version. Its’ canary-yellow with fat black stripes on the hood and the back deck

Camaro

And I’ll add that for the money it’s been a pretty nice car. I got a screamin’ deal on it. Like I do on all my cars.

2 Likes

The problem was the camero was supposed to look like this but someone accidentally stepped on the model and squished it. The boss was like this is an interesting design lets go with it.

Maybe they bring back a real monte carlo with rwd and throw a v8 and v8 supercharged at that.