Camaro LT1 in NJ deal check

It was a Daytona 392. Very cool car and it was a daily driver. This camaro will not be.

1 Like

there ya go then bro. How far the drive down there out of curiosity?

The drive down where?

:eyes: benneton traction control

1 Like

Inventory on these cars is very poor. Iā€™ve been looking on Chevyā€™s finder. I guess I am being a little picky too though

Thought I read that the dealership was in DE

O sorry. Yea its a 2 hour drive.

1 Like

Should have been the first message. Why waste your time?

Some have their methods and I have mineā€¦I may be wrong but how I chose to do it.

1 Like

Seems like he is at 378/month. He states he does not understand how I am getting my numbers. I told him it is math or lease calculator gets it. I put it back on him and said I donā€™t understand how hes getting his numbers. Looks like this may be a lost cause.

It happens all the time, sometimes a given dealer is just not going to be ā€œthe oneā€. At that point you just have to decide if you want that particular car enough to continue down the path with them, or to move on.

Personally, I would keep that deal on ice, donā€™t burn any bridges on it, but start looking elsewhere at the same time.

3 Likes

100% agree with this. Try a few other dealers, donā€™t insult him about his arithmetic although we all know itā€™s wrong. And if you canā€™t do better hope this one is still available. You did tell everyone about the deal so be fast about it.

Honestly, it is not that hard to just type up the manual math and email it to them.

Exactly, donā€™t listen to these cream puffs :slight_smile: Get the manual and donā€™t look back. Itā€™s one of the most satisfying manuals on the market right now. The Tremec is soooo good.

We will see you manual transmission guys at the bakery 1/4 mile down the street as we go to pick up our cream puffs. We will be waiting for you thereā€¦roughly half a second earlyšŸ˜ We will keep the coffee warm for you!

4 Likes

Luckily, I am not in a rush for something fun.

You guys were super helpful with this deal. Thank you!

One thing I have learned over the years, mainly from others on this forum, is that there is always another deal, always another car. That doesnā€™t mean one is not wise to pounce on something when the opportunity arises, but that having a sense of detachment from the particular pursuit may prove helpful. I find this particularly enlightening when I am looking for a car when I do not truly need it.

It is extremely easy to get wrapped up in ā€œI need this car nowā€. Dealers make their living on this feeling.

3 Likes

If a manufacturer has done their job, the car will stir the emotions. In my mind, part of our job as an LHer is to ignore the emotion as much as is possible and assess the deal objectively. If it makes sense objectively, then let the subjective emotions run wild! At that point you run down to the dealer like a 12-year-old in a mad rush of adrenaline to sign the papers :slight_smile:

No idea what he is talking about lol. Iā€™m gunna think this one over. I may be okay with it.

ā€œThe NJ tax rate was incorrect for the Camaro. NJ adds .4% tax because the MSRP is over $40000 and the car is classified as a non fuel efficient car. With an A1 approval from GM Financial, lease contract & registration & insurance card from the Tundra, $1000 GM Card points, GM healthcare discount, your payment will be $350 per month for 39 months, with $350 due at delivery. This includes the NJ tax and tags fees.ā€

1 Like