Cam anyone can help with the dash cam

Hey guys,

Lately I was involved into a hit & run and had a bad luck on finding who hit the car. To prevent from having this kind of incident in the future, I’ve decided to install a dash cam on my vehicle.

I want the dash cam to record while I’m driving and when the car is parked. After few days of my research, most of the dash cam in the market would turn on when the vehicle is on and will turn off when the vehicle is turned off.

Since I want the dash cam to roll when the car is off/parked, I was told to install a separate battery pack to roll when the vehicle is turned off.

However, the battery pack I was looking is approximately between $200~300

I think its too much and some dash cam offers the footage can be recorded during parking mode when there is any impact on the vehicle without using battery pack. Is this true? If so, would it drain my battery?

Also, do you guys recommend to use the battery pack? Based on my understanding, the battery pack is being charged when the vehicle is rolling and it generates power when the car is turned off.

There are so little information about this and would like to hear from the ones that actually have a dash cam and perhaps the battery pack (not the phone charging battery, an actual dash cam chargeable pack)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dash Cam Recommendations