Calling all Hackrs

You should be able to return the car to any Honda dealership as long as you let them know in advance :slight_smile:

cool thanks, this is helpful if i decide to go out of state to pick up the car.

Hoping dealers are back in full force after the holiday weekend. Terrified about the possible excess wear and tear appraisal coming up. Also :rage::rage::rage: about 30 days and farm bureau. I will be a couple weeks short so doubt it goes through for 5/1 delivery.

But did find out a close friend has a GM credit card and never uses the points and does not plan to. So trying to research that and how it can be applied.

Pretty sure the GM Capital One CC points have to be used in the cardholders name, meaning you can’t. Unless maybe you live at the same address.

Ahhh you may be right! Then I guess it’s no use to me :slightly_frowning_face:

So far no luck emailing around, have gotten:

$28,405 MSRP (lease deposit to hold tag) <— MSRP is quite high for the premier, I was seeing numbers around 24k, 24.5k

Offer includes conquest rebate (proof is registration and contract that has same household address)
all other rebates have been applied.
one pay: $4572.22 /10,000 miles per year /24 months <— SUPER high was looking at $2300 without FB or 1800/1900 with FB

OR

24 month,
10,000 miles
$209.83
first payment due at signing.

Honda came back under $500 in damages, so its covered by them :smiley:

I am in negotiations for a 2017 LT Cruze (auto) w/ convenience package (since its tagged). I have to be doing something wrong with the calculation right guys @max_g @chrisgo @willwar14 ? They are telling me almost 2900 in one-pay. I thought it should be around 1900 with rebates (not counting $500 from FB, wont get it in time).

The negotiated price should be 12% off. Minimum. I would try for 13% off.

Yeah I was trying to be conservative at 10% to see how they got to their 2900 almost 3000 number. In terms of the incentives, it is plugged in correctly?

I was told MF is .00045 (but he might have waived the acquisition fee by raising the MF by 0.00055) and RV 66% (this one matches). Is line 5 the selling price which is not being shown to me?

The selling price is line 4.

Cant post the full screenshot on mobile. With the MSRP at 24170 and Sales Price of 21970. 4950 in rebates. Am I putting it in the calculator incorrectly or am I just that far from the dealers offer?

how are you getting 4950 in rebates?

When I emailed I sent something like this:

For April and NJ zip code:
Customer bonus cash : $1200
Incremental CCR: $750
= $1950

Bonus tagged Cruze to add $500 in tag discount (some places show $1000)
My Civic gives me $1500 lease conquest
Farm Bureau is $500 (won’t have it in time, so don’t count this)
$1000 leasing rebate New York Auto Show (some places show $500)
=3000

Total rebates are $4950.

Bridgewater Chevy breaks the rebates down very clearly for NJ. It seems like you have have the overall amount correct, but bonus tag is $1000 and auto show bonus is $500

okay that is good to hear. The total number is still the same at $4950, just flipping the bonus tag and ny auto show. and i commented on those since i wasn’t 100% :slight_smile:

So does that mean the last calulator screen shot is correct?

With a $1647 one pay and $2580 drive off? And the the dealer is showing $2897 one pay and then will add another $1069 in fees = $3966 or am I reading that wrong?

Add the customer cash plus incentives to get the total one pay. Aka total initial payment. You still need at least $600 off the car! Start with what you can control.

It seems like the dealer has marked up the MF a bit and is not waiving the acquisition fee for the .00055 MF reduction. I’m not sure how accurate the registration costs are or what tax rate to use (I’m from Jersey so I used Westchester County for these numbers). The numbers I am getting are very close to what the dealer is giving you. I would substitute paying the acquisition fee for the MF increase and you’ll save a little over $170.

Thanks for taking the time to plug it in. I think the numbers will be slightly different since 10k miles. Likely register in ny.

That’s using the residual for 10k miles (66%). I just didn’t bother to change it in the drop-down because it doesn’t do anything once you’ve input it. If you complete this deal (or even if you don’t), please let me know which dealer it is because the discount off MSRP is fantastic and it will be good to keep in mind if my usual dealer doesn’t have any with blind spot monitoring bonus tagged next month