California Proposes upping EV Rebate (CVRP) from $2500 to $10k

Don’t feed the troll.

1 Like

I think you will be needing our time machine services. We can quickly go to Jan 2018 and peek to see if the CVRP is 10k.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-rebates-20170902-story.html

Bill gutted and amended. Now just calls for a study by the Air Resources Board due in September 2019. So nothing is likely to happen before 2020.

2 Likes

Oh no!!! :cry: I was really hoping it would pass…

Does this article imply that the CVRP program just got an injection of cash or am I just dreaming?

“We found out on Saturday, when Gov. Jerry Brown signed two bills that set spending priorities for the $1.5 billion generated by the state’s recently renewed cap-and-trade system. The package includes $140 million in subsidies for electric vehicle purchases made through the California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). That’s a slight boost from the $133 million appropriated last year—a win for the program’s environmentalist backers.”

The CVRP bill (ab615) was approved and presented for the governor’s signature at 4:30 pm today, 9/20. Bill status does not indicate if it has been signed, although the governor is expected to sign.

How much money will they get out of this? How fast will it run out? The Bolt lease prices came down again, I am tempted

At 10k? Every man(woman) and his(her) dog will want an EV…
It would make a Bolt lease almost free …

The bill from the op (ab1184) has been gutted and is currently inactive. We may see this come back next year but it likely won’t include any incentives.

Considering buying a Bolt EV asap, but what’s holding me back is the uncertainty of receiving the $2500 CVRP rebate within the next 3 years. It’s not looking good from everything I’ve read so far. What are people’s thoughts on the possibility of CVRP getting an injection of funds within the next 3 years?

If you have any way to figure it what the legislature is going to do in three years please let me know! Would make my life easier.

[quote=“Whippit, post:72, topic:19478, full:true”]
If you have any way to figure it what the legislature is going to do in three years please let me know! [/quote]

You heard it here first…

In three years or less, spending and taxes will go up. Service will go down.

Haha, I think you nailed it.

didn’t they already pass it? or is it just waiting for the signature? it will remain at 2500, low income will drop below 4K to i think 3K

California is nowhere near bankruptcy. Quite the opposite, we have a balanced budget and that gives us the leeway to invest extra funds where we deem fit. Encouraging less fossil fuels is a great way to spend the extra money and invest in our future! Perhaps you are thinking of some other states with budget deficits that need to borrow money to stay afloat? California is not one of these.

California is in denial about the massive pension and healthcare obligations they are on the hook for. The way they have accounted for these mandated expenditures lets them push off paying for them until they come due. When the bills come due it won’t be pretty. All that’s left is the screaming and shouting.

4 Likes