California CVRP rebate to require minimum 30 mile AER for rebates effective 4/6/2021

More information here: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligible-vehicles

AER = All-electric range

Effective April 6, 2021, the AER requirement for eligible Light-Duty Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs) will be increased to 30 miles EPA (45 miles UDDS). All applications received on or after April 6, 2021 will only be eligible for a rebate if the vehicle is on the updated eligible vehicle list at the time of application. The following vehicles are NO LONGER ELIGIBLE beginning April 6, 2021:

• Ford Fusion Energi
  • Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid
  • Hyundai Ioniq PHEV
  • Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid
  • Kia Optima Plug-in Hybrid
  • Toyota Prius Prime
3 Likes

Lol the Prius Prime is out but the Rav 4 Prime (Bigger car) is IN!

Toyota! Get on the ball and fix all of your cars! haha

Bigger car has 18.8 kwh battery while smaller one has 8.8. I’m sure the next iteration of prius will bet exactly 30 electric only range just to shut california up.

Or just use the Tesla estimation formula and add 30% to your cars.

(I say this as a Tesla owner…)

2 Likes

Isn’t it impressive how you can have more range than everyone else when you just make stuff up and nobody actually cares that you don’t hit the made up numbers?

2 Likes

To be fair, the EPA does have two tests you can run to get your number - as I understand it - most manufacturers pick Option A (less testing) vs Tesla who picks Option B (more testing) to get their higher EPA scores.