Calculator not matching agreement - what am I doing wrong?

I can’t get the calculator to match. Can you help me figure out what I’m doing wrong?

Sale price is $47,087 otherwise is pretty close. Rarely will be be exact. You know the MF or guessing? Would have to do the math to determine it.

BTW - the dealer messed up the MSDs… should be $3,500… not $3,850… likely was from the previously quote that was higher. (Over $500/month)

Thanks, that’s helpful.

I did the math to get the MF. The dealer said they wanted the marked up MF to meet some internal goal or metric, so I negotiated the remainder of the deal and then applied MSD at the very end (to bring it closer, but obviously not exactly to, the base MF).

On the MSD point - I thought the same and questioned the dealer on this twice. They assured me that their business manager contacted BMW to clarify and that it should be 7 increments of the original monthly payment ($521 rounded to $550 vs. $491 rounded to $500). I couldn’t find a credible source online to refute, nor did I know who else I could ask…

BMW documentation says MSD calculation is based on the revised payment (see below) and what has happened for me. In the end, it’s only a few extra bucks you will get back eventually. Maybe get some free mats or something out of them for the error.

What car is this? Seems decent even with the marked up MF.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I will see what information I can get directly from BMW FS (now that I have an account) and discuss with the dealer. Agree that $350 is not the end of the world but frustrating nonetheless, especially since I brought this up twice on separate occasions before signing.

It was shocking that after 7 to 10 days on this forum I knew more than the folks at the dealership about MSDs, MF, and how it all worked.

The car is a 2019 530i loaner with convenience package. I’m happy with the deal considering it’s at 12k miles per year and I didn’t have BMW loyalty.

1 Like

Surprised they you have a BMWFS account and the contract was accepted and funded. Does your account list the MSD amount?

I had a similar mistake on a lease with BMWF… Wrong MSD amount got through and BMWF was very unhelpful after I contacted them… pretty much said talk to the dealer even after it was fully funded.

Deal was amazing so I just accepted it as part of getting it done especially since one rebate was questionable so didn’t want to rock the boat.

1 Like