Calculator Fee Options

No. Using chevrolet. At some point while I change the variables it disappears.

Could you tell us steps to replicate it so we can look into it? Thank you!

I’m guessing he may be referring to when “Zero Drive-Off” is selected, but that behavior is correct. “Zero drive-off” and “One-pay” are mutually exclusive.

Hey Jon. You may be on to something. I didn’t want to list it yet as I didn’t test it thoroughly, but I was debating whether that is what caused it.

Having said that, zero drive offs and one lag are not the same thing, right? Since one lay reduces the MD further.

They are pretty much the opposite of each other. Paying nothing at signing vs paying everything at signing.

2 Likes

Hi Violette. I think @Jon nailed it!

• Select Chevrolet
  • Change or enter following variables:
    • Selling Price
    • Residual
    • Taxed Incentives
    • Untaxed Incentives
    • Sales Tax
    • Tax is levied upfront on the selling price (e.g. TX, VA)
  • TEST: One-pay lease checkbox still available
  • Select zero drive-off
  • TEST: One Pay Option disspears and MF remains the same
  • De-select zero drive-off
  • TEST: One Pay Option appears
  • Select One-Pay Lease
  • TEST: MF changes and zero drive-off option disappears

Seems like it’s functioning perfectly to me

1 Like

Works as intended then!

We’ll put this down as user error and perhaps jot down a note for “training opportunity”.

Thanks all!

1 Like

Not sure this is the right place to post, but for the BMW calculator, when you select acquisition fee waiver with one pay, the new MF does not update to reflect the MF increase from the acquisition fee waiver. MF change of -0.00030 for one pay is applied but +0.00050 for waiving acquisition is not.

Example link:

Seems like a bug! Thank you for letting us know!

1 Like

Bug fixed along with BMW’s MSD update today.

1 Like

is there a way that iphones can correctly open a link that i text to them? lot of iphone users have had issues w calculator links not populating correctly. never an android user.

Can you give me an example?

@IAC seems to have figured out a fix for that.

I deeeed.

copy, paste onto browser input, let it load then copy from browser input and text.

Can we add a capitalize sales tax radio button for states that tax on sale price?

3 Likes

For which state and what is the formula applied? What figure do they use to account for interest?

I have read through a few states’ tax guidelines and they all capitalize taxes slightly differently. The New York tax guide says it depends on the dealer for example. It would be helpful to have more inputs from businesses and users from states that levy taxes on selling price/total lease cost. Demo of real lease contracts that have taxes capitalized help too! Thanks.

1 Like

I’m a VA resident and have been combing through posted contracts to determine exact tax calculations, both capitalized and not, in states like VA, MD, and Texas. I will send along formulas to you after I substantially stress test my model, assuming no one (yourself included) beats me to the punch.

3 Likes

NY is an outlier; other upfront states like NJ are straightforward.

The only thing you have to avoid is a circular reference (capped tax increases the payment which increases the capped tax and so forth ad infinitum).

So you just have to make sure there’s only one iteration of the tax being calculated and capped.

1 Like

That’s not a problem. The current zero drive-off option capitalizes taxes on the total lease payment that way as advised by the NY tax guideline, assuming 0% interest rate to finance the upfront tax. The Leasematic figure @IAC_Scott showed, however, does not use the same formula from what I understand, therefore I want to confirm with other folks in states where taxes are levied on the total lease payments to see how the taxes are normally capitalized.