Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

This is pertaining to the trx. :eyes: @z0lt3c

I think its a crazy idea to open a separate thread and bring a lot of attention to these low allocation/rare cars as flip potentials.

With volume cars like 4xe/TRX, etc… where there is an unlimited supply, I get it.

But, with a car like this, it’s a bad idea because people are going to absolutely flood dealers and make it harder for those who had the foresight to look into these based on independent research.

Not every flip opportunity or money making car needs its own headline on leasehackr. It just ends up ruining things for others.

This is going to be a very unpopular post and I accept that.

16 Likes

No completely agree this makes absolutely no sense. The flipping stuff has gotten out of control

Did you lease yours?

For anyone in Chicagoland - Patrick Cadillac Schaumburg is doing MSRP orders on these baddies BW CT4&5

Only for Chicago area residents

6 Likes

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/los-angeles-cadillac-ct6v/7502077603.html

ct6 v for a smoking price

I think they added an extra 0… (I hope)

1 Like

yes of course but not a lot of people are buying $100k caddy’s. the 4xe was so popular because it was so cheap. already you see the flood of newbies drying up now that the numbers are in the toilet. maybe this is a good test case for that paid part of the forum people were asking about.

what are the lease numbers on this thing? they’ve got to be horrendous.

1 Like

Whoops, guess he forgot to use Google and see the couple dozen on sale across the country, for way cheaper too :sweat_smile:

While the CT5-V BW is cool, I just can’t bring myself to get excited about it…let alone jump through the hoops to try and get one.

I owned a gen 2 CTS-V years ago and that was enough to make me realize that I am entirely done with Cadillac (and most likely GM in general). Their garbage dealership network, subpar build quality, and ‘step over dollars to pick up pennies’ approach with everything is just a complete joke.

V’s used to have a sweet spot when they were a value proposition against ze Germans. Now that the price point is closing in, it’s hard to stomach.

Great motors though.

Plenty of upside for these things I’d imagine. Good luck to all.

1 Like

Did you order one or more than one? How many in line and what’s the wait time?

2 from different dealers,
i was told 9+ months

people in line was not disclosed

also the msrp has also gone up 6k…

Flippable? Are these going for like $20-30K over?

like every car I have gotten, I buy what I can swallow to keep
and mmr was 120+ last time i saw, not sure what it is now

1 Like

@Pad18 mind sharing the ct5v blackwing mmr?

It’s still $120+. If you can find one/get one at sticker, it’s a no brainer flip. Only bitch is the lease is with gm financial so you can only sell to gm or dealer that has gm in their network. Not a huge deal with a ride like this but something to keep in mind.

1 Like

I’ve been calling around down south. Every dealership that I know of that says they’re charging MSRP is 18-20 people deep in line. Most think this is because people are placing multiple deposits at multiple dealers in an effort to get themselves in all the lines and get one quicker.

I’ve had three dealerships say they think I’ll end up with a 2024 at this rate.

Edit: cut the transaction.

6 Likes

Does anyone know the MMR for a CT4-V Blackwing? If getting at MSRP does it also have flip potential like the CT5 or not really?

@Pad18 ?:pray:t4:

Edit: cut the transaction.

2 Likes