CA-SOCAL 2021 BMW X3 sDrive30i

Long time lurker first time poster here. I been toying with the idea about leasing a vehicle for the first time for about than a year. Looking into leasing an X3 and so far got the numbers below. Is this a good deal on Tier 1 credit. Thanks in Advance

10K\3 Year
MSRP: $ 48,820
Discount $1,000
Rebates $1,750
Adjusted Price $46,070
Monthly Payment: $ 634 tax included
Down Payment $ 0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10000
RV $27,340
MF: 0.00113

This is essentially a full MSRP deal because of the fully marked up MF. Not good, even in the current market.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club, but while you pondered for the first 9 months when there were actual deals, you got serious in the worst new car market in history, lease or purchase.

Do you need a car now, or can we bottle this enthusiasm until at least December and revisit?

1 Like

Even in current Market I don’t think its a good deal - you should aim for base MF .0093 and more discount on MSRP. Many brokers here are offering much better discounts on MSRP for X3’s- suggest you check some of the offers. especially that you are in SO-CAL where you have some more options than other states.
Keep in mind, refreshed X3 22 models are coming soon.

People dwell on this way too much. As long as the discount is commensurate, who cares what the mf is.

@93033, there are lots of CA brokers/dealers for BMWs here on the forum. I’d suggest taking a look at the marketplace listings. I wouldn’t be surprised to see you save several thousands over this deal.

I realized I been milking it too long and is not a good time to buy or lease but I do need a vehicle. However, if this deal doesn’t amused me later today, I will take your advised and wait till December. I believe my may make it till then if not I’ll revisit sooner. :slight_smile:

I will try to negotiate a discount on the MSRP and the MF. I completely forgot about year 22 models being around the corner, definitely will take this into consideration. Thanks

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

Thanks, I will look into the brokers/dealers and see what they got.

I just helped a family friend negotiate for a 2021 BMW X3 sDrive30i lease a few days ago. We were able to get 10.9% off before incentives, but with a fully marked up money factor (0.00133), so effectively 8.9% off before incentives. Brand new unit and also in SoCal. You can definitely get more than just a $1,000 discount. Try several dealers. And don’t worry about the fully marked up money factor, as long as the discount is big enough to make up for it.

1 Like

Was there a down payment and DAS included with this deal?

Not sure what that has to do with the discount and money factor. We got the quote initially with zero drive-off, but they ended up putting $3k drive-off to lower the payment. Whether they did $0 drive-off vs. $3k drive-off would not have changed the discount offered, if that’s what you mean.

1 Like

You answer my question. I’m still a noob in the lease world but educating my self.
I just wanted to know if the discount you got has something to do with the down payment or DAS that’s all. Thank you

No worries. Typically the discount does not track how much DAS you plan to put when leasing the car. The dealer is still selling the car for the same amount whether you do zero DAS or $10k DAS.

In my experience, I don’t like putting any DAS when I lease a car, and if I ever do, it’s not that much. You risk losing your DAS if you total the car the next day. The example I give my friends is: it’s like putting money from your left pocket into your right pocket, but imagine your right pocket has a hole in it.

1 Like

Discount and down payment are unrelated

Same. But even if you are planning to pay upfronts/CCR, I find $0 DAS (or just 1st payment DAS) much easier to compare when cross-shopping dealers.

1 Like

Absolutely. It’s the only apples-to-apples comparison, in my view.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.