CA Man Sues BMW for Taking Equity Over His Totaled M5

Speaking of Jalopnik and Delica, I remember when Mitsubishi was cool.

What’s the chances Mitsubishi still has a tech anywhere in the US that knows how to work on these?

Dude probably got paid 50 bucks for the article. I’d call him a freelance aggregator.

This lawyer is a joke. He went to an unaccredited for profit law school that has a bar passage rate of under 10%.

He also already seems to have sued BMW with a family member as the named plaintiff.

3 Likes

University of American Samoa. :grin:

Fuck You Saul Goodman GIF by Better Call Saul

5 Likes

Oh gosh… so this comment made me go read that other older suit, and it turns out this new one is a blatant cut and paste job… :man_facepalming:

Also, here’s the M5 in question (it is indeed an M5):

BMWNA also has the arbitration clause and could take this out of the public domain for now if they wanted to, though a loss there could be devastating for them. Interesting situation.

3 Likes

The link to the prior suit shows that BMW has filed a motion to compel arbitration. I suspect they will do so for the new case also.

2 Likes

If they could they certainly would.

A settlement would be private. Only an appeal creates legal precedent that can be cited in other law suits. That’s what I understand.

sure. But cave to one and settle out of court and the floodgates open.

2 Likes

BCS GIF for the win!

1 Like

Such a great show.

2 Likes

I faced the same situation, Audi Kept 22k of equality with them after I got in to accident and totaled my q8 car.I felt its time waste to fight back to get that amount back.

Sometimes it’s worth the fight. But Audi puts that language in their lease contract IIRC.

1 Like

Yup, audi does, and theyre much more clear and direct about it than some other brands.