Buyout now Before Interest Rates Go Further Up?

Hello,

My F150 lease ends September and I’m very ready to pounce on the buyout given it looks like I’m going to be $6-9k under conservative value.

My question for advice is should I jump on a loan now before the rates go even higher? I’ve got superb credit, but the rates are already eye opening to me.

TIA

• JAM

You can try a Personal Line of Credit which would lock the interest rates and you would not start accruing interests until you draw from it. I did it a few months ago and the process to set it up took about a month.

1 Like

Yes 101010

An equally large concern is staying with Ford Credit’s 120- or 90-day window. Before they start making you jump through hoops to buy your own lease

1 Like

Yes take a loan now, and if/when rares are going down again just refinance it.

What is an appealing rate/term combo, and where are you looking?

This may not apply to you, but I’m asking because I see a lot of people talk about how they went to “their bank” or “their credit union,” and never took a few minutes to look at the million other options that are out there.

1 Like
3 Likes

Don’t forget the tax as well, but you will probably end up ahead

Thanks, I don’t even know my options yet, just starting, but the rates skyrocketing got me shaking.

I’ve seen mention of this but don’t see the fine print. Would you be kind to elaborate about this 90-120 day window, my 120 day starts on the 24th…

I found this post helpful

1 Like

This ^. Depends on a few factors but assuming good credit the rates from PenFed and DCU aren’t actually that bad. Certainly not like mortgage rates which have doubled in less than 6 months. If you are willing to open open a free DCU account I’m seeing rates below 3% for up to a 65 months loan.

2 Likes