2023 MDX Lease or Buying Acura MDX 2020 Lease Worth it?

I mentioned it because that is a major service at 106 k miles IIRC. The OP stated that there was no major service before 160k miles but you need the timing belt and usually do water pump too at 106k miles.

Perhaps it was a typo and he meant 106k miles instead of 160k miles??

1 Like

My bad yes I meant 100K miles for the major service.

Looks like based on the most recent news of China went back to Covid lockdowns, the supply chain issues may continue further into 2023. Some cities are protesting so will see how things develop into Q1 2023.

Though I am still thinking to buy my lease atm…

I’m also in the same situation, mine matures next month. I’ve considered calling Acura and extending for another 12 months.
Did they recalculate your RV for the additional 12 months? Or did they keep the RV the same as the original 36mo term?

1 Like

Original contract numbers stay the same. They do reduce payoff amount with every consecutive payment. They just ask you to pay tax, everything else stays the same. I called them again this month and checked my options. Interestingly enough there is an option to extend the lease yet again. They asked to call back 30 days before the lease maturity day. I think they will allow another 6 month, totalling 54 month!

3 Likes

Hi @AlexKon , wise choice to extend the lease. I will likely do the same if I need to as inventory of new cars are surging but new sales made by dealerships are still very very low.

Per the below article from KBB, in Q1-Q2 2023 incentives from dealerships may come back to move or sell cars asap out of their lots.

I may likely consider buying an Acura MDX 2023 Tech or Advance Package esp if the 2024 comes out and gives me better deals. Will see.

Here is an Acura MDX 2023 Tech Pack lease I am also working on slowly atm

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/new-car-inventory-buildup-may-bring-back-incentives/

1 Like

Hey guys,

Was wondering if I were to buy/finance let’s say the current model of the Acura MDX 2023 (no miles from the lot) right when the new Acura MDX 2024 comes out, how much could I get the Acura dealership to knock off from the MSRP? 15-20%?

I have extended my Acura mdx 2020 lease for another few months hoping maybe I can finance an amazing deal with the dealership on a MDX 2023 advance model (63-64K or so currently)

Thanks

15% ? Only if it was a loaner driven like 5000+ miles.

You are really reaching for a super discount on that aren’t you?

2 Likes

I see. but if it werent a loaner driven and it had instead no miles you’d think the best i can negotiate on it a financing would be what 7-10% off the MSRP (even if the 2024 model is out or about to)?

You cannot predict the future right now. Once it is out you can.
But at least 5% if on lot for over 30 days I would say is reasonable. It’s when you start approaching 10% when things cannot be predicted.

That’s like knowing Eggs was going up…you didn’t know.
We knew used cars were going up during Tax Season, but wow it started Early (Feb instead of march)

1 Like

The 2023 body is pretty new so there won’t be a new body in 2024 or any time soon. As long as they look identical to most people, they’ll sell it at a smaller discount than you’re offering.

1 Like

thank you Forbs and max_g for your help. Makes total sense. Then it feels there is no point then to wait for the 2024 model then.
Will have to buyout my current 2020 lease or settle with an average lease deal on a 2023 Tech Package in the next couple of months. Will let you know all know what i do. Peace out!

You can get 7% to 8% off MSRP from Aronchi and OffStickerPrice, both brokers on this forum.
2024 will most likely be the same, maybe the new J35Y8 engine from the Pilot will join the MDX as the base engine, albeit with maybe 295 to 300 hp.

Hi All,

I am based in CA and I am working this deal with the Acura dealership in Socal after they did not want to buy my current Acura MDX 2020 base lease and give me some equity as the used vehicle bubble has popped. I will try seeing if couple of other dealership buy my MDX but just didnt get time to do so.

What do you guys think of this deal? There is a mark up of $1,695 above MSRP still and a crazy $5,000 down. Hoping that by March-June 2023 if supply chain issues are no longer causing issues that I can get a way better deal on the 2023 model and esp if the 2024 MDX is released around that time! will see what happens.

MSRP: $55,945 ($1,695 markup from original MSRP of $54,250)
Dealer Cash: $0
Dealer Discount: $2,942.707
SP: $53,000
Monthly Payment: $576 before tax
Incentives: $0 loyalty
Down/Drive-Off Amount: $5,000 with first payment
Months: 36
Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00146
Residual: 61%
Included Options: $478.50 Genuine splash guards + Wheels locks
LeaseHacker Score: 7.0

MSRP is a rigid number, it cant be marked up.

The selling price is the number that can be higher or lower than MSRP

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff. They did say to me" Sell Price is $53,000 vs MSRP $55,945".

But if I look at Acura’s website the 2FWD Tech MDX 2023 is at MSRP $54,250.

Anything off there?

How do I update those numbers he gave me in the Leasehacker calculator?

https://www.acura.com/mdx/pricing-and-specs

The base MSRP of $54250 doesn’t have delivery or color/accessories factored in. It sounds like the actual MSRP is $55945 like the dealer told you

4 Likes

You’re at $698+tax ($25,128) with 3.5% rent on this. How much is the payoff on the 2020, and what does this have that your 2020 doesn’t, besides $500 in add-ons? At least a different color??

Mdx 2020 pay off is just $26,400~ + tax. It’s a base model Pearl white without any accessories.

The current 2023 I’m looking at has the tech pack and some redesigned interior dashboard, and dual lcd screens and some panoramic roof. Color is Pearl too. All together not worth the extra $30K extra on top of the 2020 MDX.

Might just be worth buying it unless I can get a great deal on the 2023 by end of Q1. Still slowly churning this lease negotiation with this dealer and I’ll circle it with 2 more in the incoming weeks into March

I think the Techs can be discounted more, especially not the SH-AWD. Figure out if there are any added accessories that cannot be residualized, those hurt your lease payments. For MDX, some accessories can be residualized and some cannot be, I think roof racks and running boards can, but not sure.
See if you can haggle for another 500-1k discount from them.

1 Like

How fast can you run?

4 Likes