Buy Out Lease ... Nightmare

Get the buyout now from Lexus and finance the remainder over 2-3 years.

I’m no expert here, but I’d have to assume if you’re driving 8K per month on your own car, you’re being compensated accordingly for it and therefore should have the funds over this timeframe to pay for the car.

1 Like

Or smuggling profits aren’t what they used to be

1 Like

So much dumb and illegal advice given. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

I know they’re joking, but don’t forget the suggestions for insurance fraud!!! Haha

If the car is stolen, how will they know the mileage? (Unless he serviced it directly at Lexus, with them writing everything in the Carfax).

You should have just bought a CPO 2015 ES350 with 30k miles on it (they go for around 23-24k), and it would be so much less hassle to worry about, since you are driving that much.

1 Like

I don’t think it matters what we tell this guy, he’s hosed on this car. Hopefully his commercial driving endeavors will pay for this car and make it worth it. One thing I notice with livery drivers in my area, lots of suburbans and yukons, durable frame on body rigs that probably go allot of miles. I’m also in Colorado and allot of these passengers are going to the mountains so they need room for bags and skis.

1 Like

hey, watch it. None of my advice was illegal I just simply stated “things happen” :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

CPO unlimited mileage warranty for 2 years, too. Arguably the best CPO warranty in the business

Tried that earlier today, drove down to high crime Englewood area in South Chicago. Got out the car, left the keys in the car, started walking away. Looked back and all the thugs at the corner took off running. SMH… oh well… I tried… LOL so much for the unattended option. (haha)

Disclosure: I AM ONLY KIDDING!!!

1 Like

lmaoooo, great story!

1 Like

This business is viable, and these Toyota/Lexus Hybrids have LONG endurance. We have over 1,100 Hybrids (Avalon, Camry, Prius, and ES300H) at the company, mostly 2012-2016. Average 250,000 Miles. Some much higher, closer to 400,000. No major issues, so long as owner completes maintenance on schedule.

I was just wanting to hear feedback from car lease experts on how they would handle the end of lease / buy out most effectively. I’ve read some good ideas and laughed my ass off hard on some of the comments here (appreciated however!).

I was! I was!!! I regret not doing it! I was!!!

In short, I decided to lease a 2017 because I was leaving the transportation industry for a full time professional office position; the lease at $565 for a brand new car was too good to pass up. I was in a transition when I leased the vehicle. The new office position I was hired for was later discontinued, only 10 weeks later because my branch was closed by corporate; thus, I was back in the job market and continued in this [transportation] industry simultaneously.

I was too optimistic that I would find a new [office] job position/career. :confused:

They must have seen the mileage and thats why they ran :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d set aside enough money every month to pay the thing off at the end of the term, or as much as you can. Pay it off at the end of the term and keep driving it till it explodes.

1 Like

Hate to bring it up, but all these farts in there…

2 Likes

Yeah the space/capacity is the main reason you see Burbs and Yukon XLs for livery service. They are not particularly durable

1 Like

Make the lease payments and hope the car is stolen or totaled. Extend the lease if you need to.

Really? We thoroughly abuse Tahoe’s at my work and they go and go, tons of idle time too. Our fleet dept’s oil change schedule is very questionable too.