Buick Enclave Essence Help - numbers not making sense

Ask him to send a draft lease agreement. The numbers won’t match.

What exactly is your goal?

There’s a couple approaches you could take here, depending on how much you want the car.

First would be to do what you should have done before ever talking to a dealer, which is to independently set a price target, based on comp data and the current programs. That’ll tell you what this should lease for. 18% seems ridiculous, so I’m not surprised that there’s a gotcha there. You may find when you set your target price that 10-11% is actually a very aggressive number. In that case, who cares how they book keep the lease. This is another case where going in prepared to the negotiations is in your best interest.

If you’re really focused on the deal and don’t care as much about the car, you could ask for the rv/mf in writing and then ask for a copy of the actual contract to read over. From that, you can back out what rv/mf are actually being applied. If they don’t match, you’ve got the ammo to raise hell.

2 Likes

This makes the most sense given the dealer fees that are usually seen on deals out of Florida. Enclave also has an $1,195 freight charge, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they are putting that back into the deal somewhere.

1 Like

It’s speculation, but if I take the calculator link that @chrishs2000 was kind enough to work up, subtract $1,195 from the sales price and add $1,195 to the dealer fees section it looks a lot closer to what that dealer quote is showing.

That leaves $736.61 unaccounted for in the difference between the dealers pre-incentive selling price and the price on the Leasehackr calculator if we assume that the freight charge shell game is what’s happening here. Although I suspect there’s something else going on. This is from the disclaimer on this dealer’s website:

1 Like

What’s interesting is they have a dealer service charge itemized on the lease offer (which is also WAY too cheap for a FL dealer)

1 Like

If you take the massive discount they are showing on that sheet, add $1,195 in freight and the $949.50 dealer fee back into the price you get a selling price that is eerily close to what @chrishs2000 put in the calculator. Which makes absolutely no sense because the “real” discount is strong on its own merits.

I can’t be the only one who noticed the 4 suspiciously blank lines in the middle of the itemized part of the quote :joy:

You also land about on the right number with a .00040 MF mark up, which wouldn’t require the lease sheet to be fraudulent, just the salesman that often doesn’t know anything about MF to say “yah, I think we’re using the same as that ed-munds place”

1 Like

Two ways to skin a cat, especially one that starts asking industry specific questions…

Gets to the same place in the end, but one assumes malice and one assumes incompetence.

Only way to know for sure would be to see the actual dealer worksheet/screen.

1 Like

Which is yet another reason why these lease sheets are usually not even worth the paper they’re printed on except for the monthly payment.

Anyway lots of time wasting. @Luzoro figure out where you wanna be at, write a proposal up, and find a dealer who will meet your number. If it’s 18% off at base MF and no adds or fees, you’re setting yourself up for failure.

1 Like

Hi All,

My first post here. Tried to fill calculator with a similar deal but not able to get the numbers. This is for a Buick Enclave as well

Please suggest if there is scope for more discount. I am still split between MDX or Enclave so looking for the best deal

MSRP/Retail $55,595.00
Selling Price $50,250.00
Rebate $6,568.22
Government Fee $326.00
Proc/Doc Fee $303.60
Capitalized Taxes $1,811.00
Gross Cap Cost $54,775.60
Cap Cost Reduction $6,568.22
Adjusted Cap Cost $48,207.38
Paid by Customer $523.15
MF 0.00023

That’s a really strange rebate amount and the acquisition fee for GM Financial is wrong/marked up, if it’s through GMF.

Rebate includes some GM supplier discount which he said was applicable on Avenir model. Acquisition fee wasn’t called out in the quote (small table which I pasted in the message). He had capitalized taxes as $1,811 and I wasn’t sure where to put them in the calculator

These numbers do not add up if you’re reading this as a $5k discount and THEN $6500 in rebates. They’re conflating the two here or there are lots of numbers missing.

I am not getting details from the dealer but he did confirm first month due at signing with $523/month for MSRP of $55,595. I can ask him for details again but would have to counter and not sure if I can get him down to $450/month

What is this number based on?

Whats your zip code too? Your calculator numbers don’t make a lot of sense. Im getting $1,250 in lease cash on the Avenir in my northeast zip code.