Budget commuter car lease options

Hi ,
Am in San Jose CA. Looking to lease a small , cheap commuter car for 24 or 36 months . Looking to keep payments low like 200$ . Any options available right now ?
Don’t really care about manufacturer at this point. Something that gets me from point A to point B.

Any suggestions?

Not really. The leasing market is insane right now and cars that were cheap are through the roof.

ok but there has to be something “cheapest” at some price point. Trying to find that.

Up your budget to the $300’s (and DAS?) and reach out to brokers/dealers in the Marketplace. Depends on how badly you want a car and when. GLWT

Ok , I think I can do that. Can you please explain what is DAS and GLWT?

DAS -

GLWT - good luck with that (or this)

Thanks for the info

1 Like

A great place to start is looking through the recent listings in the shared deals section here to get an idea of what the market is doing.

Pick some Car manufacturers like Nissan or Kia or Hyundai and pick there low budget cars . I am sure you can find some deals around 300 or less.
You mention goal is to drive between Point A and B. Today’s mkt is brutal for lease and even used cars.

Kia Forte LX is for. $249 36/10 DAS 2k
A broker in CA .

2 Likes

How much down or due at signing are you willing to part with?

With $0 down, it’s highly unlikely. With $0 DAS impossible short of the most magical unicorn in the enchanted forests.

That’s really $310/month you know

2 Likes

Probably more like $335/mo by the time you include tax.

3 Likes

Finance a Mitsubishi Mirage. Under $300 for 72 months with $0 down.

You can lease a Kia Rio LX for $295/mo and $295 DAS (inc tax)

What are you driving now ? maybe you should consider keeping that for another year or until the market improves.

If you have something leased consider buying it out. If you have something older that you want to replace consider keeping that until the market improves.

• Just sayin ’

looking for the same suggestions

I’d also add you may consider buying something. We all like to lease but sometimes the numbers just dont work out. Right now, if I needed a small commuter car for cheap I would finance a Corolla LE on a 60 or 72 month loan. It’s a very reliable serviceable car that will holds its value even when the used car market normalizes. You assume more risk but if you keep carfax clean and sell it in 2-3 years I’d guess cost of ownership will be well below 300 dollars a month.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.