Broker upcharge?

Is it still a gamble if the deal is structured so they take over the payments on the inception of the lease while introducing a markup?

Sounds like a way to bypass sales to known exporters now that I think of it.

:eyes:

That or just seems circuitous. If you have a good reliable source of leads who would take such deals, consider working with a sales associate or broker that would pay you for those leads on a per sale basis.

1 Like

I think what heā€™s trying to do is sub-broker a deal. Get a deal from you, add to it, charge that to a client and get something on the backend. unless Im wrongā€¦

2 Likes

exactly!! is that something you think could be possible?

If the broker agrees before, why not charge your ā€œfriendā€ $500 more than the brokerā€™s usual fee and get it back from the broker once they get paid. What you are trying to do is over complicated.

2 Likes

Scummy

10char

It is never on a monthly basis. The payment to the bank is what it is. A broker, nor you, can change that and pocket the difference. The only way to profit is through an up-front fee paid by either the customer or the dealer. As for you profiting as a non-broker, as was stated earlier, your only choice is a fee paid by the customer direct to you. And it is done all the time. There are plenty of lease swaps being advertised where someone is trying to make a buck through a down payment.

1 Like

bro the news about the surging inventories in warehouses caught my eye, interesting times

OP should keep in mind, though, that only a few captives/banks actually a full transfer of a lease. And that it can take time. OP does not seem to be in a position to keep insurance on the car in the meantime, let alone make those monthly payments.

You are probably better off asking a ā€œfinderā€™s feeā€ & connecting the end-user to the dealer/broker (if thatā€™s legal in your state), rather than enter a new lease which you cannot afford. Thereā€™s always a chance youā€™re stuck with it and then ultimately a repo destroys your credit for years.

2 Likes

Weā€™ll split off a referral bump on a good lead that turns into a sale. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like