'Broker' here, offering my services and advice

Big shoutout to @b_harsh

4 Likes

I don’t have a problem with you. Those that post here indicate you are a good guy.

My question here is what advice did you give him that he couldn’t get on the forum already?

I’ve seen some crazy incredible deals here hacked by regular guys. To me that is the purpose of the forum.

For the record, @Benedetto did not charge me anything. He’s a great guy helping out noobs like me. This does not mean that there aren’t other great guys on this forum.

2 Likes

I’ve now posted twice that he didn’t pay me … are you reading what I’m typing?

Who’s bent?

1 Like

How a forum is utilized depends entirely on its members. You were able to leverage the information from this forum to educate yourself and then strike up a good deal with a Volvo dealer. Many others, including myself, have been able to do just that. However, others that might not have the tremendous amount of time it takes to pour through the information scattered across in the great volumes of posts or might have challenges in execution of the negotiations even after utilizing the collated information, or are just frustrated dealing with dealerships in their region (NC folks will surely agree :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Such folks might just need a helping hand to get to their great lease deal. Benedetto is one of the few out here who do it for a fee. He apparently will do the legwork and spend time to actually negotiate on someone else’s behalf. Others in this forum have also vouched for his work so he must have done something right for these folks. If anything, one can surely appreciate his enterprising nature and the inherent honesty in his proposal. He realizes that there are some who need his expertise/ services and don’t mind the associated fee. Whether he gets reimbursed for his help or not is between him and the buyer and really doesn’t concern us. To each his own.

5 Likes

Coming from another broker there is a lot of advice that people ask me about. Best tactics? Quickly proofread a lease. Im not really sure where you are coming from though, cause not everyone can attain these crazy incredible deals you so speak of (many of them are a right place right time scenario) or willing to dedicate a lot of time to looking for a lease at a good price. Look at your 330e deal you posted, it was nothing that great, I’ve done countless deals lower than that.

1 Like

Obviously can only speak for myself here, but I’m very glad @Benedetto is a part of this community. I’ve spent countless hours reading posts here (many of them his) and educating myself. It’s been an eye-opener to realize how many ways the dealers have fleeced me over the years in my previous 6 leases. But even though I understand the lease process much much better now and have researched and narrowed down the cars I’m interested in (leaning toward E300) I still choose to work with Ben and pay his very reasonable fee to help me get a hackr worthy deal. Personally I don’t have the time or inclination to contact all the dealers, negotiate and make sure they’re not sneaking anything into the deal.

Thumbs up to you…

Maybe he could have gotten advice here. Are you saying @Benedetto should refuse to give free advice though PM or email and instead direct people back here every time? What difference does it make how someone chose to get advice as long as it works for them?

1 Like

Plenty of people read and share and ask for feedback on their deals but at the end of the day others may learn a lot and still prefer help with the actual grind. Great deals take work, not everyone has the time. Brokers like Ben and others are also very active here helping others from what I see. This place is a resource not a club just for DIY leasers

2 Likes

If you paid any attention to what you read here, you would’ve noticed that he knows industry from the inside and still has his “sources” to get info that none of “regular” folks can. And he shares it by posting here, answering PMs and emails.
Besides, how do you know that “some crazy incredible deals here hacked by regular guys” weren’t hacked with his help by maybe answering some PM questions? Like I said before, even I was asked a few times for help over PM, but I have no idea if anyone got “crazy incredible” deals because of me (highly doubt that LOL)

Dude, I don’t have a problem with Benedetto, or brokers in general.

I understand people don’t want to do the grind themselves. But, isn’t this forum about hacking/grinding the lease. Maybe I was mistaken.

I just found it somewhat annoying that on a forum that is geared at helping everyone hack the lease industry, there are people who post that they received information and then not share it. Kind of defeats the purpose of what the forum is about.

Maybe its just a pet peeve of mine. I just find it annoying when people indicate, I got great information, but I am not sharing it. If you aren’t going to share it, then don’t post in the first place that you have it. What good is that.

If you read my original post, I wasn’t replying or responding to Benedetto. I replied to the guy who asked Benedetto for the information, and asked him what info did he learn. To me that is the purpose of the forum. Giving back to the community.

I understand people have different POVs regarding this question.

I am not the best hacker on the forum, I try my best. I felt like I learned a lot from reading here, and therefore felt in honorable to give back to the community by sharing the numbers I received, good, bad or otherwise.

Appears that you do… At least some type of problem

Ex-broker here, and I do know friends/colleagues/bystanders/family etc will jump on you as soon as they find out you can get a lease contract cheap.

Folks need to do ‘soft’ research before asking any lease prices. They should at least know the MSRP + Trim to start with. lol

1 Like

As a person who has owned several businesses and is currently in B2B sales there is a lot of reason to offer advice for free. If it doesn’t take much time and effort you build trust. When someone trusts a particular person or product they recommend and refer them to others.

I have spoken with @Benedetto twice on the phone and a few times by email. I have not paid for his service, but if it fits in my wheelhouse in the future, I will 100%. I have also referred several other people to him. With a business model like his, word of mouth and his visibility on this forum will get him business. If he wan’t to offer free advice, what is wrong with that? I do it every day and I am not suffering in my line of work. :wink:

1 Like

I can’t recommend @Benedetto enough!!

So this is how it went…
I emailed Benedetto about my lease choices yesterday. Got on the call with him after I got off work (6:30 pm PST) so add few hours to his timezone. On a Friday night he immediately contacted dealers in SF Bay area about my Infiniti Q50. Few more calls… 30 minutes later the deal is done. The dealer delivered the car this morning, took 15 minutes to sign the paperwork and the guy spent 20 minutes explaining the touchscreen options to me and my wife.

So I took less than an hour to finalize the deal yesterday and got the car delivered around noon today. This is just amazing in my point of view. I say it again, I highly recommend @Benedetto, he is straight forward, polite and will find the best deal for you. Did I mention…it’s 349 sign and drive (delivered to home) for 3.0 Ltr Twin Turbo Signature Edition 12k/39mnths

Thanks @Benedetto :handshake:

8 Likes

This is how I read it first :joy:

5 Likes

LOL, let me make it clear… I highly recommend @Benedetto

I would like to take an opportunity to thank Benedetto!

I am new to the forum and posted a thread to which he answered several questions. I noticed that he was a broker so I asked that he call me the following day so I could find out more about his services.

We spoke on the phone and he spent about 30 min of his time helping me understand the leasing game and how it is played and explaining how his service worked. When we discussed the vehicle in particular and the state I was located in, we mutually agreed that his time is better spent helping others. However, this did not preclude him from going out of his way to answer several questions that I had.

Stand up guy for sure!

1 Like

@Benedetto think we can beat this in Detroit?