'Broker' here, offering my services and advice

1 Like

Thank you. Is this in tri state area dealer? Not going to ask the dealer specific just trying to see if it can be replicated. 2500 were all tax and fees plus first month i guess?

Detroit … (20)

Looks like trailhawk which has higher residual. Good job Benedetto. If you can replicate with 36 months and 10k i might take 2. Will pm and do not mind sending the 100 fee but i would need same sales price and such.

I wanted to add my experience with Ben on here as well. Spoiler: it was excellent.

Originally, I started working with DSR in May, but wasn’t having any luck at all. Without getting into the details- it just wasn’t a good fit, and I decided to ask Ben for help as I’m in SE Michigan as well. I just wish I worked with him first, as I’m out the $195 fee DSR charges- but lesson learned…

I gave him the same criteria that I gave them - wanted something close to $200/mo with $0 down, 12k and 24 or 36 months.

Ben gave me options and found me a great deal on a Chevy Cruze. Everything was done within 4 days! His communication was excellent, and he was completely upfront and open about the entire process. Even the dealership experience was way above my expectations as well.

Definitely recommend him 100%

Details of the deal:

2017 Cruze LT w/ Convenience Package

• MSRP: $22,389.25
  • $220.07/mo (true sign & drive, and first payment covered by dealer)
  • 24mo/12k

Unfortunately, I didn’t have a competitive lease currently or the deal would’ve been even better. Either way, I’m extremely happy with the whole experience. Thank you!

Care to detail your experience with DSR? I almost went with them too, till I found that their “lease specials” were way inferior than the standard deals posted here.

How do you like the Cruze?

I just spoke to dsr today about their ‘ADVERTISED SPECIAL’ on the F-Type $369 a month… he told me it was based on $9k down payment i almost hung up on the persons face… but i was too nice and said i will send him the current offers that i have received from the dealership

LOL I’ve never heard of $9k down before on a lease.

1 Like

Tell me about it! Ohh 9k plus their fee

Sorry for the delayed replies…

@fredrigo
I’m actually surprised by the Cruze, and like the car a lot! My biggest gripe is that you can’t turn off the auto start/stop feature, but I’m slowly getting used to it… It’s got all the nice comforts- heated seats, CarPlay, remote start- and I just drove to Chicago from MI the other day and averaged 40 MPG. So there’s not much to complain about. Overall, I think it’s the perfect car for me for the next 2 years- until I’m out of med school- and can bump up to something nicer.

@shan23 Sure, and I apologize in advance for the long post…

So this was my first experience with a broker (and leasing in general). When I called DSR, I explained my requirements (under $200 and $0 down), that I was located in Michigan or Florida, and asked specifically if they would be able to accommodate a low price bracket - because it seems they deal more with higher-end cars- I also didn’t have any specific cars in mind so I asked to defer to their expertise/knowledge and recent deals. Gianni assured me it was possible so I engaged their services. I asked specifically to work with Anthony, and I even PMed him here on the forums but never got a response from him- I only dealt with other representatives. The rep I had told me I had to narrow down the search myself and just give him 2-3 vehicles I wanted- so I chose the Civic EX and the Jetta Sport. The prices they found were pretty high off the bat, but when I sent in deals from here or from other dealer sites - they tried to match it.

During this time, I saw a deal on here from another broker for the Nissan Sentra SR so I asked if they could find a deal close to that as well- but they weren’t able to get close.

After the Nissan fell through, a friend found a previous Civic deal on here that I sent to them (I posed that service order in a different thread). Although they got dealers to agree to that price in California- none wanted to register the vehicle out of state- so it fell through as well. They did try to find other dealers around my area but with the same result- no one wanted to match the price or register out of state.

Following that, the rep told me that because I wasn’t willing to expand my parameters and raise my budget that they could no longer spend this much time working for me.

…that’s when I chose to contact Benedetto.

To be fair, overall, everyone I actually spoke to at DSR was extremely nice and friendly (until that last email), and I think they may be good for people who live in California, but for my needs they weren’t a good fit.

I was just a little upset at first because I specifically asked about my price bracket off the bat and wish they would have been more up front at the start about certain things. Also, about the fact that they automatically charged me the $400 balance and I had to specifically ask for it to be refunded (by reading the their own contract to the rep)…

In the end, I learned a $195 lesson. But even with Ben’s fees it came out to cheaper than it would have been if I took delivery of a vehicle from DSR.

4 Likes

Wow, looks like I dodged a $195 bullet by listening to my gut :slight_smile:

Hi Folks,

I’m not sure what all happened in this thread, but I’ll provide some feedback in case it helps someone else out.

Me: someone who’s never leased before, but was looking to lease the next vehicle 100%. So I engaged @Benedetto for his broker services.

Similar to @bmwdave I was very interested in luxury-Ish sedans at the best possible value. I was able to source many deals myself in my local area. My sights were set on TLX, E-series, MDX, and a couple other vehicles in that range. I was able to get a 2017 TLX Advance for $479/m 36monthts at 15k with $0 down. All set to go, and the dealer lost their incentives day before. However, Ben was very helpful helping me benchmark if the deals I was getting were of any value. (Explaining how leases work, what pitfalls I may come across when getting quotes, etc).

Anyways, luckily for me, I moved onto Genesis G80. I just closed my deal for a 2017 Genesis G80 Ultimate for the same 36/15k for $455.33/month with an MSRP of $54k. And homestly, it’s a million times nicer than the Acura.

But in the final days here, he helped me with copy/language to use during negotiations with local dealerships as well helping shop those prices around to confirm if they were lowest possible. And then spent 2 hours or so, texting me back and forth while finalzing my deal to make sure nothing wonky went down.

So, in the end, if you’re looking for someone to help navigate getting the best deal possible on a lease, I think @Benedetto is your guy. If you’re looking for someone to magically have access to amazing/hidden/unicorn lease deals… I’m not sure anyone is going to be that person.

I highly recommend his services, and in the end, I couldn’t be happier with my outcome.

5 Likes

Does @Benedetto find the car (and payment) that fits you and you just go to the dealership and pick it up or does he help with sending emails/calls?

Depends on the situation.

Everydeal is a snowflake.

In this case - @amishp11 had already talked w/ the store so I would have been poisoning the deal if I went in/around his contact.

Made a ton more sense to just work it from the aforementioned angle.

So if a customer gives you his car choice and budget and location.

Can you do the deal from ground up?

Also which areas do you work with?

PS: I have couple of family members in the market.

Market is a pickem - I have done or tried most.

Most deals are ground up - just did a pair of Patriots that way.

Email for more info - Ben@Carsalessnoop.com

Pm works too

I believe both are options. In my case, I was hollering at local dealerships myself and looking for guidance.

I’ve got to ask - what’s up w/ the JJ avi?

Falcons or Bama fan?

Gravatar system is tied to yahoo fantasy football. And he was on all my teams last year.

Also, here’s a photo of the car I picked up.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_UVUPnBQbLnMGdHU0pvQ2V2V0E