'Broker' here, offering my services and advice

One week? Dave - I think you’re skewing the truth.

It’s clear we’re a bad fit for a brokered deal here. You have a value of X and I’m not able to provide it.

I’m going to decline service beyond this point. I sincerely wish you the best with your car needs.

I will also be refunding your entire retainer - just to make that point clear.

Didn’t it show I paid on may 27th so today is exactly 7 days?

Perhaps It true the week I stated does include weekends but 7 days upon payment is factually correct

Anyhow, you do seem like a nice guy and best of luck to your business. Will keep the community posted on my search. Thanks

Yes. “you are swamped” and that there was a “holiday” but don’t make it sound like I was not forthright regarding my statement that it has been 7 days from the day I paid you

Anyway you calculate it, it has been 7 days. You can state it was raining two of those days or what not but doesn’t change the fact that it’s been 7 days

To be honest, I didn’t even mind it taking longer as I am not in a rush anyways but to misrepresent and make it sound like your client lied about the date as I paid you 7 days ago from today which your email screenshot also showed

I thought this was going to be easier as you had told me you recently had a client that was also searching for luxury leases and you had recently gone through the process. This lead me to believe you hav some fresh resources to get some pricing options quickly. Little did I know hat you had to call around and look at dealer websites as that most of us on leasehackr can do as well given we are all internet users. So I do acknowledge that I should have asked some more questions before jumping in on this with you

In regards to not getting to you faster, i paid for your services so I can go through a process and evaluate all options wholistically. I do not know what car I want until I look at all the options that are available to me which you were suppose to provide. Sending me half the options and waiting on me for a conclusion before i saw the other options is frankly not productive to me and wastes time. Saving time is one of the main reasons why i looked to retain your services in the first place

Again, wish you continued success and just giving you some opinions as a former client

I don’t agree and this is exactly what I meant by value X vs my services.

We were a bad fit from go.

I appreciate the feedback and wish you the best.

1 Like

Personally I think it’s kind of bad taste to take issues with Ben’s work here after week one. There’s really no need to make a public feud out if it. He’s a long-time respected member of LH… And complied to your demands despite it being beyond scope. All you had to do was narrow your focus so he could dive deeper into one or two specific vehicles.

I think we also need to be clear that brokers can’t always necessarily find hidden gems on a specific car that you’re looking for. Unfortunately, they don’t always exist. You’re not paying for a psychic, you’re paying for someone who has the resources to aggregate data on your behalf and ideally find something better than you were able to find yourself. It’s likely, but it’s not guaranteed.

Seems to me that Dave went in with unrealistic expectations…

8 Likes

I’m sorry but you paid him to do the work for you, if its something you could’ve done why didn’t you do it?

Couple things

1. If you read the chain, I didn’t make a public feud. Ben made a false statement and I merely stated I have been working w Ben for a week and gave the community an update on my progress. This community shared info

2. Ben made my personal emails to him private by cutting and pasting them on this forum. Not sure if any normal business would operate his way?

3. I never asked to even quit, he abruptedly refunded my payment and posted it on here. I never got a phone call or direct email from him in regards to this decision. He put this out there to the forum himself

4. My expectations were based on him telling me he is an expert and went through a similar search recently thus most would assume he would have access to rates

5. He in email apologized of missing timelines. As I stated, I am in no rush so if he would’ve said i will have details for you in 2 weeks, I would’ve been ok w it but to say next day and miss by a few is not professional

End of day, if you like his service you can make your own decision. I hope his business continued success and acknowledge that perhaps my search was unique as he is located in Detroit etc.

I will stop responding to this as this is my last post about this

Best of luck Ben and fellow hackrs

If you’re going to call someone out for finding deals “worse than standard internet deals”, then you should at the very least expect that they’ll substantiate what they did by showing the correspondences and laying out work done thus far. If you think a LH broker is no better than a 20 minute Google search, perhaps this isn’t the forum for you.

He refunded your payment because he felt he wasn’t able to meet your needs, and recognized that he was too swamped to put in sufficient time to generate better deals – though this shouldn’t come as a surprise when he’s going significantly beyond scope for you. Frankly, he was about as honest and transparent as a broker can be. If anything, you got free value and an apology. No skin off your back. Like you said - you’re in no rush. So God forbid he takes an extra day or two it’s not like you’re on deadline. And you’re paying a flat rate, so what’s the harm in taking a little extra time? He isn’t billing you for it.

Don’t know, man. Seems like you’re all over the place. I’d have refunded you and moved on, too.

6 Likes

couldn’t have worded it better, my thoughts exactly

I don’t know that anything I posted was personal nor private.

I made sure I removed any personal information and removed any emails and such.

Also, please do not drag me into a conversation you’re having with another member.

I also very clearly declared in the forum, on a post you want to keep in the community, that I would be declining service from here on out.

I also never said you were lying - I said verbatim you were not telling the whole story. I made it clear you had numbers on Thursday, which we discussed on the phone.

You’re clearly unsatisfied, hence my prompt refund. I think it’s best if we just all move on.

We do not see eye to eye on this and it’s not the end of the world.

Like I’ve said before - we were a bad fit.

I wish you the best.

Bendetto, if you’re looking for a Houston Ford/Chevy/CDJR contact for your broker deals, DM me. I’d love to help and could use the extra work/deals :D.

Best regards,

Randy

1 Like

Email me please - Ben@CarSalesSnoop.com

That list of cars is just bizarre. The best deal is bmw 530e. Focus on one car. You aren’t going to get a killer lease deal on any of the other 5 cars and dreaming or hiring won’t change that.

1 Like

@bmwdave

Not sure why everyone here is dogging on you. I didnt feel like you did anything wrong here. You just want a luxury car for the current best residual and mf. Dont really think thats much to ask for especially for a brokerage service.
Anyway try looking at the advertised pricing at newcarsuperstore.com to get a base line idea of whats in your ballpark and negotiate at the dealer from there. I got my local cali dealer to get close to their pricing on a significantly more loaded mercedes.

1 Like

Thanks epr

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts and will defenintely check out newcarsuperstore.com in detail. I looked briefly and seems like the deals are quite good! So very excited to see what I can find

Hopefully will find a good lease soon… I don’t want to cause trouble, just want to get a good lease deal like everyone on here and was happy to pay a professional to help save me some time and headache

This got ugly very quickly. I would have thought both parties should have acted more professionally. I get why the broker wanted to defend his work, but as a client I’d hate my emails being posted for any reason.

@Benedetto I hope you approach this with more restraint next time. From the initial email I took it as a bad fit and as a potential customer would still consider your services, but after reading through the chain, you posting the emails didn’t reflect well on you. You are a valuable resource to the community, so I hope you keep at it, but with more restraint.

2 Likes

I deleted my previous comment and will sum everything up in this one.

Firstly @HobbesMo I appreciate the feedback … however I don’t agree.

Calling me out in a public forum, is the equivalent of poisoning the well in my eyes and I felt it necessary to come out w/ my side of the issue. (Talking about the aforementioned issue, which I have now deleted since it has become a lighting rod)

However, Dave was not the wrong one - I was. No matter my feelings, ideas or beliefs, it is on me to steer the ship when it comes to my interaction and the experience I provide w/ clients.

Frankly, LH has been a tremendous tool for me as it’s my first successful foray into the online world of brokering. I hustled from collision shop, insurance agent, local board posting and countless other things to get this little idea of mine into a business, 5 years ago.

I somehow stumbled upon LH, made an account and immediately picked up business and I certainly have the hackr community to thank for that. It’s that reason that I try and post about peoples questions and needs as opposed to promoting myself w/ every post. I know the best product I have is my knowledge and I focus on that to let clients come in.

Yet - I make no bones about it. I am proud of my workmanship and as noted in other threads, am not afraid to mix it up. Does that mean I’m a fit for everyone…? No and I know that. I have learned over my time in local offerings as well as online that I cannot serve everyone and it’s foolish to think so. I learn something new everyday and this was one of those lessons.

Does that mean I’m not a professional? Maybe so … either way… I’m going to keep on rolling w/ what I know works.

Again, I appreciate the feedback but do not agree w/ your assessment.

1 Like

I’m just now seeing this thread… Quite surprised with some comments. Ben and I have thankfully lived in the same general vicinity and I have subsequently turned to him multiple times for help and gotten a great amount of it as a result. Hell, I think the vast majority of LH’ers would say the same. #GoodGuyBen

1 Like

An update:

Worked with Ben to get a car I started having interest in recently. He ended up getting me an excellent deal on a Grand Cherokee at lower than the 1% rule of thumb around here. (.9% to be exact on 15k miles/36 months). Figured the process of getting the deal I wanted was going to take some time but it got done within a couple days thankfully. Thanks again!

Would recommend/10

and here it is:

http://imgur.com/a/59Q64

2 Likes

Thats a great deal on the jeep. Should be front page. Everything rolled in?