Broker behavior

Be sure to specify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY, usa-nationwide) is mandatory.

Please tag if your question involves to a specialized topic (e.g. tax, legal, shipping etc.). You will reach experts faster that way. View all tags at FORUM | LEASEHACKR.

If you asked for a deal check, circle back after you have signed a deal – the community always loves to hear back! Submit your deal to SIGNED! (https://share.leasehackr.com).

Broker Behavior:
seek your advice regarding a dilemma I’m facing with a broker from this forum. Despite his gentlemanly behavior, I am uncertain if he genuinely intends to help me. Here’s a brief overview of the situation: I found a car and contacted the broker on Wednesday, July 3rd. We exchanged emails throughout the day, decided on the car and broker fees, and finalized everything by Friday. Since Saturday, I have been requesting the payment link. On Sunday morning, I finally received it and promptly paid. The broker assured me that the deal was set, and the dealer would contact me ASAP. However, it has been over 48 hours, and I have not heard from the dealer, nor has the broker provided any updates, beside one text that he will follow up with the dealer , :upside_down_face: It feels as though he is avoiding me, which is particularly frustrating given that the car is in stock and I am ready to proceed immediately. This experience is causing more headache than convenience. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to handle this situation.

Thank you for your assistance.

I feel like this thread is going to spawn another dumpster fire where brokers show screenshots from their phone, and LH users will not be impressed.

4 Likes

I do have all the communication email and screen shots

48 hours is not a long time in broker world. Send a gentle reminder and hope for the best. You mentioned he was a gentleman, so that omits the one notorious grouch on here. I’m sure you’re fine.

6 Likes

Has it been 48 hours since Sunday morning?

6 Likes

I mean, just my opinion, but it was the weekend, most dealers are closed on Sundays and it’s literally the next business day. I don’t see what the problem is here in my view. I don’t work 24/7 and don’t expect others to as well.

2 Likes

Did you try following up with the broker?

2 Likes

Lots of people at dealerships are on vacation, many are short handed due to that and the holiday. Just be patient and ask them for an update. I usually have quick turnarounds but this last week has been slower than usual. It’s possible the broker is themself waiting for the dealer to lock it up.

3 Likes

The positives and negatives of your experience belong in Seller Reviews

IDK so many people censor themselves

It’s up to sellers to set expectations and then meet/exceed them. If the dealer is not going to contact this broker’s customers on the first business day then the broker should set expectations accordingly.

1 Like

Plus the CDK outage may still be slowing things down. Just spitballing…

2 Likes

If all of this (initial contact to finalizing a deal) took place starting on or after July 2nd I wouldn’t be too worried yet. Holidays throw everything off, then a weekend. Maybe just ask for an update if you don’t hear anything by mid afternoon today.

1 Like