Breaking in a leased car

I break it in for 3 years. I’m usually shuttling the kids around anyways. I hear people complaining about the Tiguan being underpowered, but I think it’s just fine. I guess it might be different when the kids are older and I hit my midlife crisis. I’m looking forward to an Audi A4 or something for my midlife crisis.

Same…when I was in my late teens, early 20s, I’d do neutral drops all over the place. Now that I’m 40, I’ve kinda lost that urge.

1 Like

I’d personally expect much more than free oil changes. I’d push for a full set of new tires, since they felt the urge to wear yours down.

3 Likes

FYI there is a large percentage of people in the hot rod community who will tell you that the harder you floor it the better during the break in process. This actually creates a better deal with the piston rings, leaves the engine cleaner, and makes more power. More than just corvettes are dyno tested before being delivered. I wouldn’t worry about it in the slightest.

It’s unclear whether a break-in period is necessary at all…so to categorize driving your leased car hard in the early-going as “morally wrong” in any way, shape or form…

Yikes, friend. Enjoy your car - live life.

1 Like

Heading there tomorrow to at least check out the museum.

1 Like