Breakdown / Explanation of AZ fees

Hey guys, mind helping me with these fees? I’m out of Texas and trying to lease a car for use in Arizona. I’m not sure what’s normal and negotiable out there. Disregard selling price as it is - it’s no where near where I want to be. Screenshot attached, but also typing out for reference:

Selling Price: $19,985.00
Rebate: $3,500
Adjusted Price: $16,485.00
Total Purchase: $16,485.00

Taxable Fees (Estimated): $600.00
Acquisition: $650.00
Doc Fee: $399.00
Tax: $447.96
Non Tax Fees: $5.00

Net Price: $18,586.96

Residual: $11,791.15

Side note - Tax on an AZ lease is calculated on the depreciation, correct?

29%20PM

Tax is monthly sales tax

1 Like

You might want to fill us in on what car this is, the tax will be on the payment I believe.

Hey bud, this is on a Kia Forte. Didn’t think the fees had any correlation to the make/model, as I was under the impression that it’s more of a state/regional factor. Am I wrong? Let me know if this helps. As stated above, the selling price given is MSRP, and I won’t be leasing this car at that price. Just trying to understand the typical fee structure for AZ.

Well there’s an acq fee and that’s for a lease so…

Right… I’m wanting to know, is $650 for acq in AZ normal? Is $399 for doc fees in AZ normal?

What is “taxable fees”? (assuming registration).

Is the tax of $447.96 showing the total tax amount I will be paying over the lease period? If not, what is it?

When I plug in the numbers the dealer gives with a $1K down (I’m not putting $1K down), the LH calculator gives me a monthly payment of $369 including tax (linked below). Dealer sheet shows $345 and he said this includes the monthly tax of 8.7% (screenshot below).

59%20PM

$650 acq is typical
$399 doc is normal for AZ they aren’t regulated like CA

Have you looked at any other models there is no way in Hell i would pay $369 for this Kia there Money factor kills most deals i have seen people post better quotes on here for a Optima. And just looking at those numbers closely u can tell that dealer to take a hike no dealer discount what so ever. Look at this Forte deal as example that was posted and it has a higher MSRP.

Lol yeah… like I said, I was just trying to verify the fees associated with leasing in AZ. No way in hell I’m paying that for this car. I’ve researched the other Forte deals on this thread, and have been exploring leasing the Optima as well.