BOLT vs NIRO EV EX PREMIUM--What Would You Do?

They might have different batteries as the Kona is a 258 and the Niro is a 239 battery / transmission

Good point. Never thought about that. Styling is a bit better on the Niro. If I can’t get a good deal on a Niro before the end of the year I’ll try and swing the Bolt. I have no emotional attachment to either.

They are both 64kWh…the Kona is a bit smaller car.

2022 Bolts will not even start Production until Summer of 2021.
So until then I don’t think Chevy will start a dumping program until the new Bolts are closer.
And it appears they are running on the same platform BEV2 as the current bolts, so still a tiny car with the same range and MAYBE a sunroof. (It’s confirmed to have ‘auto driving’)

my leasing dealer said the 21’s begin production in a week. If that’s true wouldn’t that mean the 21’s start to show up in mid-late Dec or at the latest Jan? If that is the case, with the RV on the 20’s lowered this month, wouldn’t it make more sense to look at the 21s. Assuming there would be more lease support with a higher RV. With my lease expiring in 10 days I don’t think putting together a deal for a 20 is going to be as good as with a 21.

Lol he did?

Most companies don’t ramp up production in a holiday cycle.

2021 was scheduled to begin production on or about 11/16.

You know EE, it’s not nice to cut out the article which has the confirmation.
It WAS supposed to be that, but that was months ago.

Though it’s nice to know that they do start production in Winter, which does baffle me. Too many labor holidays

I just took a screenshot, it wasn’t deliberate. Full link is here, it’s just the most up to date information I’ve seen.

With a publication date of 9/27 I’d say it’s relatively fresh when the order banks were supposed to open on 10/8. Perhaps some of the Chevy dealers here can confirm if that is still the case or not.

1 Like

This info is consistent with what my dealer told me last week. He said that according to his sources at GM, MY 2021 production was to begin on 11/16. He expected it to be a very short production run in anticipation of the refresh of the platform in Q3 of 21 as a MY 22. So it does appear that there will be 21’s; it will be exactly the same as the 20’s with some minor changes…probably paint colors. GM Authority said they are eliminating the Premier level trim and replacing it with LT1 and LT2.

@mig1 btw Ethan is having a fire sale on bolts right now 1000 off his new reduced rv pricing

Costco incentive is only for 2020 Bolts. It’s possible that the incoming 2021 Bolts will have strong incentives, especially towards the end of their run (which might be as short as 8 months), but that’s all a guess/unknown.

That’s not true, provided that 2021 models get here before 1/4/21…

1 Like

Ok good correction. Thanks

does anyone know what the differences between the 20 and 21 model years? from what I have been able to scrape off the web is that the cars are pretty much identical other than the introduction of some new colors and slightly different packages which combine existing options in different ways. if that is the case then it’s pretty much grabbing whatever the best deal is on either year