Bolt LT Lease vs. Buy

I am sure there are exceptions, but leasing allows a level of flexibility you will not get if you buy. If you really love the car, and negotiated a strong discount, you can lease, and then make the decision in 3 years. I have leased my last 5 cars, and this was always my intention to begin with. :rofl: What you are going to find out, is that it rarely makes sense to buy. Unless you are driving the living shit out your vehicles. Negotiate, lease, then if you really like it, buy after 3 years.

And the current MF on a Bolt is…0.00012 (Premier) or 0.00013 (LT). So…the interest rate is ~0.3%. I cant see how a buy can make much sense in many scenarios.

Ofc they care. The dealership revenue structure is different on a cash purchase vs financing vs lease.

In addition the person you’re talking to is most likely an employee of the dealership and not the owner. Their personal comp structure also varies based on the deal.

Taking resale risk on an EV makes no sense when leases are so cheap.

1 Like

Of course you’re correct, my example is an oversimplification.

I was simply operating on the assumption that a consumer can only negotiate what they can see.

In my case F&I tried to mark up a rate to a higher rate than I could get, (but immediately matched the lower rate, so no problem).

I only have vague knowledge of potential back-end profit on a deal but I know it’s there, (for example buy-rate/sell-rate spread on interest of which the store gets nothing on a cash purchase).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.