Bolt Insurance Quote - Ouch!

State Farm was roughly the same across the board. It was the cheapest on the most expense luxury gas vehicles vs cheap extremely used gas vehicles. They said it was because the safety features preventing a wreck saves them a lot more than the higher cost of the vehicle. Electric cars (ie Tesla 3) were the exception (very very substantially higher)

I got my figures for an LT w /DCFC down to about $87/ mo on the 3 year lease. Contacted USAA and was quoted $180/mo on the Bolt, over double the lease payment. Sure took the shine out of my beer goggle eyes on the Bolt. Edit and I have multi-car discount with them, no claims in over a decade.

Which part of the insurance was giving such a big difference comprehensive or collision?

Why still use an agent? If you go to different websites to quote yourself, I guess it could be cheaper.

Interesting, they’re kindof a lot. Ran the quote because I was bored, bout the same as my 540

I just checked the breakdown on my insurance costs and the Bolt is in fact the most expensive of all of the cars, but its not by much. All of them are more or less the same (give or take $100 per 6 months).

True. All licensed drivers under 1 household and the insurer thinks everyone is driving the same car.

It is cheaper in the short term yes, but there comes risk to that as well, I hope you have an umbrella policy to cover everything over all.