Bolt EV LT - New Leaser, Am I doing this right?

I have never leased a vehicle, was told you lose too much value, that being said this forum is helping me understand a bit more. Am I missing any hidden costs or gotchas?

(We have 2 OLD cars but each with only 105,000 miles, however was thinking now might be a time to upgrade, at least one.)

Although a Tesla would be cool, let’s be real, I am Chevy Bolt kinda cheapo. At first I wanted the Bolt with DC1 and DC2, but since the Bolt doesn’t have ACC (Adaptive Cruise), I now think DC1&2 are useless.

Here is the messaging from the dealer:
LT model with DC fast charge
MSRP $38245
-$2000 dealer discount
+$85 doc fee
+$695 bank acquisition
+$517 DMV
+7 new tire tax
-$8150 GM rebates

Total one-pay amount with estimated taxes/DMV
$9,942.83 with a money factor of 0.00001

While initially not accepting my supplier pricing, I am working on that added value.
Discounts/Rebates I have access to:
PGE: $800
State: $2000
Supplier Discount: $1400 (If honored)

All in price: $5742 ($159.5 per month)

Possible trade in ~$2000
What am I missing? Am I making a mistake? Will I regret leasing at month 36?

1 Like

105k isn’t all that many miles for a Honda Accord. I would check out what similar are being asked for on Craigslist before you trade in for $2000. Just glancing at my local I would think you could get close to double that if it has no major problems.

The trade in is not free money. So you cannot subtract it from the price you are paying.

Check carvanna for sale value, they often offer above blue book.

Thanks, I’ll look. Our interior is beat up, leather seats cracked and ceiling upholstery drooping down.

Thx and point taken, that is a cash value. Will back that out.

There’s a huge market for basic reliable but cheap transportation. That market really won’t care about some minor cosmetic issues that can often be prettied up with a little manual labor.

1 Like

A teenager would love to have that, for that price.

Was the $9,942.83 figure provided by the dealer? Or did you calculate it? Because I’m getting a different amount when I plugged everything into the Leasehackr calculator ($10,699):

leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Chevrolet&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=38245&sales_price=36245&months=36&mf=.00051&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=695&taxed_inc=8150&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=53&reg_fee=525&sales_tax=9.25&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&gm_onePay=true

Also, what is the $8,150 in incentives? Edmunds shows:

36/10K
.00051 MF and 53% residual
$5750 lease cash
$1400 customer incentive

And how’d you find out supplier pricing is $1,400?

Go here - https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/

Get an authorization code - that is how you can verify that you will get GM Supplier.

1 Like

If it is mechanically sounds (which it probably is for a Honda), it can be a very viable option for somebody looking for a good car that needs a little work.

Consider getting heated seats/steering wheel if you use the heat at all in the winter, saves allot of battery.

1 Like

All of those numbers were from the dealer over text. He told me I “don’t qualify for the 1400 supplier discount, since they already are giving me dealer pricing”

I’m in California. A cold morning is 45.

Maybe ask another dealer if they do not want to budge?