BMW Z4 - lease ending option

Hi - I have been following this great site for years ,but first time poster. I am based in Los Angeles and have a 2020 BMW Z4 with 8500 miles ending lease November 1 2023 . My buyout is $30,500. The lowest current MV at retail is $42,000. I would like to sell it. BMW leasing said they will allow me to buy it out or return the lease. If I buy it out they want me to pay the tax on it for apx $3,000.

Is there a way for me to sell it to a 3rd party without paying the tax? Essentially it would have to be paid by me and the 3rd party. I would prefer to sell it to a private party, but will consider 3rd party dealer. If so which pay the most?

Thank you

As in a guy off craigslist? No.
HOWEVER, if you buy it and sell it within 10 days of getting the title, you can apply for a Tax Refund. (CA rule only)

Does bmw force you to do buyout before getting equity? Should be able to find a 3rd party dealer buyout. At worst you would want to purchase and sell it within 10 days. Maybe see what carvana is? and go that route at worst?

edit. Or give it to me Ill gladly take it off your hands.

Thank you - i didnt know that - that would work perfectly.

Thank you - i will give Carvana a try as well - or if you want it i will give it to you at a slight discount :wink::joy:

Get quotes from all the buying services

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback - i will try that.

1 Like