BMW X5 Discussion - MY 2024 & Loaners

Looking at x5-50e M sport 2024
BMW Fin Svcs Approved - no terms or tier provided yet
What is current MF that I should go after? and what’s RV?
Purchasing in NH
MSRP on my build out says 89,900
no sales tax

UPDATE: Deal Check - See Attached X5 xDrive 50e M Sport (2024) NH

How do we feel about this deal -
I asked for $0 drive off
they inserted $3K and said “this includes first month and all fees” …doesn’t seem so to me.
First month should be in a separate line itemized, right?
Please give any and all insights.

Youre a super supporter, so you have access to rate findr, which is the easiest way to get that info. Just click the calculator button at the top of the page.

4 Likes

Appreciated. Found it. New supper supporter here. Cheers

1 Like

Keep us posted with what you end up finding. I live in NH and will be looking for the exact same car in the next month or two so very curious to hear how it goes.

I could save you some time… your not gonna like this lease program. Better to buy, given rebates & how well they hold value.

1 Like

Tell me more about “you’re not going to like this lease program”? The money out over 36mos at 10K miles is $57.6K w/ a 52 RV and a base MF .0021 /5.04% vs purchase at 5.99%* based on the stats $105K give or take. I guess logic would assume I’m going to take the same deal level twice in a row which would mean I should prob get the M60i at that rate. lol

Seems like I would make out barely ahead based on RV? Of course not lowest MF in the world and I imagine they will want some on the top.
Always curious about more insights though let me know how I might be thinking about this lease

So far I’ve got 52% RV with .0021 base MF out 03060

I think you answered your own question here.

A 52% RV is way low for an X5. This vehicle will outperform the RV, meaning you will have equity locked in the asset which you will need to get out. Historically, BMW’s have leased well because the lease programs featured inflated RVs, but no longer.

The MF is also high, which can be brought down into a more reasonable range with one-pay or MSD options, but you should be able to find traditional financing in the 4’s. You are paying alot of rent charge on the lease, which is also not conducive to good value.

The discount on this model is also slim, if you get a discount at all. Very few incentives are being offered or passed through. BMW is getting the rebate but not passing it on.

The RV comment, the second line in the second paragraph, and the last line of the third comment on rebates are great additional insights thanks. I currently have a discount on the table of 2.75% for the lease, 3.5% if financing. Too slim?

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Deal Check 2024 BMW X5 xdrive40i with M Sport. Sticker Price $74, 695.00, Selling Price $70,850.00 , 36 months, 12k miles per down.

That money factor is impossible. If that’s what you need to make the deal match, they are doing something on the back end to mess with the deal.

1 Like

Ask yourself if paying more than $50,000 to drive a $75,000 vehicle for 3 years makes any sense. You could finance it over 5 years for equal to or less than this.

3 Likes

Fixed the money factor. but it seems they are doing mark up or something because the number from the calculator ends up being less

Do you think X3s will have a better deal?

It’s a bad lease program (mediocre MF, high RV). You are getting none of the applicable incentives or rebates. The discount is under 10%. It has none of the essential attributes required to yield a good lease. If you must have this vehicle, you would be better off financing as it does hold value well.

1 Like

Hi Hackrs, Our current BMW X5 X-Drive lease is up in October, and we’re estimating to be just under our 30k lease limit. We absolutely love this car and want to get the 24 in exactly the same specification if possible.

Reading the guides on here, it appears that I can primarily negotiate the selling price and MF and have put an inquiry on Edmonds for MF and Residual to use the helpful calculator on this site. A couple of questions for you guys:

• Does BMW typically discount the MSRP on factory orders, or only cars they have on their lot?
  • Should I be pushing for a discount on the lease we are returning?
  • I’ve found in the past that dealers typically want to get you in person before talking numbers. Is it best to email phone ahead of time and what are the numbers you typically ask for? I’m assuming Residual, MF and MSRP discount? Anything else?

Maybe revisit leasing 101, research marketplace and contact a broker in that order.

Not sure what you mean by this, can you clarify?

I had read on the share tips (I think) that if your existing residual value is lower than the market value you have more negotiating power when signing up for a new lease.

For my original question about a new build vs. buying off the lot, is my assumption true that BMW generally won’t take anything off the MSRP?

Pretty sure the answer is no on both counts. Try to get a quote from the dealer to see if you have positive equities and you can sell your lease to the dealer. There are other places that can buy your car. There is a list of car buying sites listed on a thread here.

The dealer will discount off MSRP even on a new build, of course it will normally be less than the one on the lot. Check marketplace, discounts a plenty for X5 (on the lot or order).

1 Like

Different dealers will offer different discounts on factory orders. Do some calling around or potentially use one of the brilliant brokers on the forum to make it all easy.

2 Likes