BMW X5 Could use some help putting this into calculator

, ,

[quote=“mllcb42, post:19, topic:335189, full:true”]
You’re still missing all the fees. Acquisition, dealer fees, gov fees. That has nothing to do with the destination.

I guess i will get a breakdown. Do you know what’s Normal?

Well, the acquisition fee was already in the calculator for you. You deleted it. I believe bmw is $995

If this is a NY dealer, doc fee is $75. If it’s a dealer from out of state, could be much more. I’m not sure in NY gov fees.

Yes, I was thinking Volvo, we had poor experience with 2 Escalade’s at 2 local delaer’s so I will take a rest from Caddy for a while. The just had too many transmission issues starting at 40K. Too much shop time and hasstle.

Look for a better deal starting in the LH Marketplace section

1 Like

Less hassle than pushing an X5 sized rock uphill?

Looks like OP doesn’t have Loyalty, PenFed, OL or BMW CCA… and if it’s a NY dealer, that means no MSD’s… don’t think there’s any other levers left to pull. Maybe another percentage off discount? :man_shrugging:
Probably will have to “pay to play” at this point

1 Like

Seems like north of $900 no matter what. Another 1% off will just shave $22 off per month. That’s a lot of $$$ for a 72k X5.

Do more research, maybe explore other makes/models, and if youre still set on an X5 try reaching out to brokers

So Here are the deal terms and below is a link to how I loaded the Calculator
2021 BMW X5
12K per Year
36 Months
MF is .000086
Residual is 54%
Total MSRP $ 72,145.00
Selling Price 64,930.00
Fees:
$ 995.00 Destination and Handling
$ 925.00 Bank Fee
$ 95.00 Dealer Doc Fee
Qualify for $ 500 in Lease Cash
Nothing down
Tax is included in each monthly Payment
My Sales tax rate is 8.625%

The lease cash is an incentive not a down payment, and the bank fee = acquisition fee. Also the destination and handling should be included in the MSRP.

LH Calculator Update

Since you appear to be in NY, tax needs to be levied upfront. You can roll that into the lease if you want, however, the monthly payment itself is not taxed, so you’ll need to select the button for “taxed upfront on the total lease payment.” This one specifically mentions NY as well.

I’m sure this is just a transposition error, but the MF is .00086, not .000086

Also, destination and handling is included in the MSRP. Some dealers like to back it out of the selling price to show a higher discount than it actually is, particularly ones in places like VA.

Dealer doc fee in NY is limited to $75. Is this a NY dealer?

Yes it is a NY dealer and they say the doc fee is 95 in writing. I will address this.

This is accurate for NY… there’s a tire fee of 12.50 and another $10 bucks for the inspection. So it’s like $97.50 total, usually

1 Like

Generally, fees going to the gov go in the gov fee category.

With that said, the placement of $20 worth of fees isn’t all that important, especially when you have a $995 destination fee itemized out.

Would you guys mind building the calculator.

The above deal is yielding a 906 dollar Monthly Payment (with Tax) and a 951 dollar drive off.

I cannot seem to get to this-Thanks

@Jsf721 keep all your posts in one thread. And if you ask someone for help, pay attention to the answers. How many times does your tax error need be pointed out?

You’ll need the actually gov fees, as they’re not included on your quote. I estimated $250. Otherwise, all I changed was what was mentioned above; put the acquisition fee back, moved the incentives to the incentives section, corrected the tax, and then adjusted the DAS to match.

Did you see the calculator update link I posted above right after you asked the first time?

I get $897/mo with $940 DAS with the difference being whatever the govt fees are as mentioned above.

I did see that Link, but the drive off was zero?

Max, I understand the point you are making, explain to me what the calculation difference is if I an including it into my payment. I am not paying the sales tax up front, I am rolling it in, so how do I get that to reflect in the calculator?