BMW X5 5.0 demo $330 šŸ¦„ $87 K MSRP

Right, they came from two different dealerships.

Fantastic deal. The outgoing X5 is still really nice and youā€™re gettin this at a lease payment that would be good even on an X1!

1 Like

I actually think the outgoing x5 with the m sport kit looks better than the new model.

1 Like

Your deal is fantastic! Donā€™t knock it.

Itā€™s not the % off MSRP that makes 24 months less expensive than 36. Itā€™s the % you are left depreciating between sales price and residual.

That is where the 18% comes in. Delta between sales price and residual makes 24 months cheaper when less than 18% depreciation spread. This assumes a 6% bump in residual between 24 and 36 months which seems to be the case almost always with BMW currently.

OP. This is a phenomenal deal. Congrats!

Let me know when your ready to swap out of it. Happy to pay you $1k plus transfer fee to take it off your hands. :wink: not joking

2 Likes

That is absolutely a more refined way of saying it. The goal is to maximize your discount between msrp and sales price so that the delta between the sales price and the residual is, in turn, reduced. That, in sum, is a primary ingredient to any solid deal. :+1:

1 Like

Another way to look at it is this: For 24 months if youā€™re paying $330/mo and for 36 mo youā€™re paying $415, then you have an excess of $85/mo or an extra $2,040 for the first 24 months. So that basically means the last 12 months effectively costs $585/mo ($415 + $2,040/12-months). Better off taking the screaming deal for the 24-mo and then find another deal at that point.

Note: that for the purposes of this simple calculation, assuming drive off is first month only.

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct. Not to mention the fact that BMW does not cover maintenance after 36,000 miles and tires are likely to be worn out by then (remember, itā€™s a demo), the 24 month approach ā€“ when it presents itself ā€“ is definitely the practical approach. Another point to mention is that, if one can negotiate such a deal in the first place, the likelihood is that you can secure a comparable deal 24 months into the future.

1 Like

Donā€™t be surprised if you need tires even on a 24 mo lease. Those runflats are terrible with regard to wear. I had 19k on my last demo (came with 4500, so I put on roughly 15 of it), and the tread was at 4/32 all the way around. I still had a year to go on the lease.

I believe @28firefighter had a similar problem with his x1

Yikes! Iā€™ve been lucky so far, in comparison. Nonetheless, the risk for such costs increase with a 36 month lease and they are ā€œmutedā€ (or perhaps ā€œmitigatedā€) when leasing for 24 months.

I heard the same about runflats in general.

However, Iā€™ve put 23k miles on my MINI runflats and the thread are still at 6-7/32. Probably because 90+% of the mileage were driven on highway. So I guess it really depends on road condition, driving style, and car weight (MINI is a much lighter car than X1 and X5).

btw. @Electrifi38 Congrats on your phenomenal X5 dealā€¦!!!:unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

Yikes, Iā€™m still trying to wrap my head around this deal. I mean, yeah, they should wheel and deal before the lease programs are up, but it sounds like they didnā€™t care what they got for it. Just get it off the lot!! True unicorn.

Besides the tire issue, thereā€™s also a potential BMWCCA rebate if you lease a new one next time. That would come 12 mo sooner than with a 36 mo lease

So true. You must have been reading my mind.

Can also recoup the extra cost of 36 months by flipping it to someone else for a couple grand with a longer term.

No BMWCCA rebate on demo like this one.

To each his own. No wrong moves with a deal this sweet. OP Killed it.

1 Like

To put this deal into context, I reached out to a dealer that was marketing the same vehicle, $87,845 MSRP, 2,509 miles executive demo. My terms were for 15,000 miles per year and my quote came in a 3 sentence email approximately 1 week after I inquired about the car as follows.

$1655.46 a month

Residual $25,382

Money Factor .00205

2 Likes

what a steal!

1 Like

been browsing here for awhile, Am i the only one who thinks this guy is just full of crap whoā€™s looking for attention or is it just a sarcastic post that Iā€™m not getting.
X5 registered in some state with the 7.05 tax rate, the M3 registered in NJ, the new i8 that I dont even know, All three pictures seem like they were downloaded from some sites or his email if itā€™s true. just makes me wonder haha, with a simple leasesheet & unrealistic numbers just donā€™t seem true.

I leased a 2015 CLS400 back in late 2015. MSRP was $80,000 and I leased the vehicle, maintenance included, 36 months, 15,000 per year, and $8,000 in MSD for $708 per month. Most of the dealerships I reached out to wanted between $950 and $1,100 per month. If you invest a lot of time and come across a dealer wanting to make a deal at the right time, a great deal is possible. I also leased a loaded E class back in 2013 for about $450 per month on a 27 month lease.

You may wish to read a bit more closely. The tax rate is 7.025 in N.J. in light of the luxury tax additer.