BMW X4 Demo Lease Good Deal?

Thanks all!

Is it better to roll the acquisition cost into the lease or pay it up front. Gap insurance won’t cover it in case of total damage will it? I don’t mind paying it up front.

Nice deal!! Good job for being a rookie :wink:

4 Likes

Roll everything into your monthly payment and pay as little as possible at signing. Good deal by the way, I’d be surprised if there is room for further dealer discount…

Would you explain why this is better? Don’t you end up paying more? And if the car is totaled, don’t you then have a nice tax and fees bill to pay?

Rolling everything into your capitalized cost is better because in case your call is stolen or totaled your auto insurance + gap insurance will cover the money you owe (net capitalized cost - monthly payments made until that point) to the leasing company. If you don’t pay your taxes and acquisition fee upfront, they will be part of your net capitalized cost thus covered by the gap insurance. If you pay your taxes and acquisition fee upfront then in case of car being totaled or stolen, you will not be reimbursed for the acquisition fee and taxes you paid upfront.

Working on it right now.

Thanks! It’s my first ever Lease.:blush:

1 Like

Oooooooh I see. Well my deal won’t look so good now.:anguished:

With the tax included I get a $500 payment. Is this still good? Or did I mess up.

It has a minimal impact on your deal, you are just going to pay interest on your acquisition fee. That should add about $1 your monthly cost.

If you are thinking your monthly payment is now higher because you are not paying for things upfront then you could have put $9k down and lowered your monthly payment to less than $300. Would that make this a better deal? In a word, no.

I would take it in a heart beat, not that many X4s will lease like this .

Lol. I see that now! Thanks so much. Being a newbie is HARD.

No worries. It is a pretty good deal newbie or not…

:grin:That’s good to hear.

i’d take that deal right now. good job man

It will look even worse when you find out how much your property is :slight_smile:

Oh yes, how well I know about property taxes in VA. Nightmarish! What are we to do—throw a tea party?:smirk:

Move to the Carolinas

Newbie as well. Looks like I am getting smashed here: any feedback?
2018 BMW X3 xdrive demo model 3900 miles on the car
MSRP. 53,245
Sell price 44,337
12k miles
3000 down includes first month.
563 month taxes in.