BMW X3 xdrive28i - executive demo

53,470 MSRP
45,500 Sale price

Only a few thousand miles on the car
NY Tax 8.625%
$485 a month [includes paying off 3 current car payments of 325 each - 975 total]

$3,865 Due at signing = ($489), DMV ($200), Documentation ($599), BMW Acquisition ($925), NY tax ($1,653).

1. I’ve never paid tax up front - do you advise this
  2. Is this a good deal
  3. Is doc fee or acquisition fee negotiable?

For a demo, I think you should be able to get them to go lower. Are you buying in NY? I believe doc fees are limited to $75. If you are not buying in NY, you should apply MSDs.

Buying in CT because I heard you can’t do MSDs in NY? Haven’t gotten that price yet - want to get that put in at the end to get the best deal first. Is this way off in your opinion of a deal or a few dollars?

They told me on a used vehicle it’s priced to sell and it already has been reduced? How do I know how low I should be able to get them and if this is a good deal?

Doesn’t BMW block MSD based on the place of registration? There have been discussions about it (MB though, I think), but I don’t recall if it’s allowed.

From what I’ve read, seems like dealers in NY cannot accept MSDs, but a resident of NY can apply MSDs if they lease from a dealer outside of NY. There have been several threads about it. Here’s one:

1 Like

It can be resident of any state that does not allow MSD (is it NY only?) leasing out of state. I’d think finance company will not accept such deal.
I remember someone said he did it in CT for NY lease.

They told me that 3500 in MSD would only reduce the payment by 100 that was due up front and 11 a month…that sounds incorrect. Can anyone comment?

Help me out here hackrs!
They say they can’t do better
Is this a good deal or should I be asking for a bigger discount?

53,470 MSRP
45,500 Sale price
Residual 62.2%
MF.00146
10k/36 months

Only a few thousand miles on the car [demo]

NY Tax 8.625%
$485 a month [includes paying off 3 current car payments of 325 each - 975 total]

$3,865 Due at signing = ($489), DMV ($200), Documentation ($599), BMW Acquisition ($925), NY tax ($1,653).

That’s one funny “mileage”. It makes big difference.

Is it about 4,350 demo miles?

3,300 miles…so back to the original question.

Is this a good deal or should sale price still come down?

From my calculations, MSDs would save you about $40/month. As previously stated, I think the sales price should be lower.

Is the car that they are paying off a BMW? If yes then there is a pull ahead this month for 3 remaining payments which means BMW finance pays the remaining payments (not the dealer, not you and it’s not a part of the calculation). Hope that helps.

The 62.2% residual does not compute from 3,300 miles unless the residual is higher or the msrp is different. And as others have stated, your sales prices should be lower. My belief is about $43,000. Good luck.

Check out a recent thread on BMW X3 where poster is getting X3 for close to 400.