BMW X3 lemon replacement

Check NJ lemon law, for example in California where I did it 3 times, our computation here is as easy as this, all money spent - (miles driven from first problem/120000) * Cap cost = cost of usage. Every state is different. If the deal is super good, keep the car if not, get out of it.

1 Like

My last 4 leased cars have had 1 warranty claim combined, and it was something stupid (latch on fuel door), and youā€™ve had 3 lemons? What were they?

@mp11477 bmw 328d fuel system, 45 days in the shop, hyundai elantra, oxygen sensor 4 times 50 days and last one is chevy volt, the high voltage charging and hybrid system failure, 55 days. lolā€¦ itā€™s all good, all them happened at low miles so I get most of my money back.

1 Like

Incredible series of bad luck you had there! I never had a car that needed unscheduled service during a lease. Mazda, Lexus, Honda and 2x VW on my list.

1 Like

I had one lemon that I couldnā€™t make go away (Ohio Lemon law stinks): one of the first Mazda CX-5s in 2013. I had a 2016 GTI that VW bought back. And just settled a claim (no buyback) with Ford on CMax #2.

Can you share the deal. Iā€™m getting For $ 3500 $520 month

Check the state laws. Florida is pretty cut and dry. The manufacturer will make you whole again. You don;t get payments back for the time you had the car, you get put back in whatever position you were before you bought/leased the car. For a lease typically you get back whatever amount you paid at signing and the lease is paid off, car is gone. Dealers typically are very helpful because it only mans that they have a customer in need of a new car. In Florida they donā€™t replace the car. Once a Lemon Law is done, your on your own with a check in hand. However often the brand may offer incentives to earn your business back. VW once gave me a $500 voucher to be used on any new VW car, which I used 9 years later. Florida basically the dealer gets 3 tries to fix something or the car is out of service for 30 days during the warranty period. However if a loaner or free rental car is provided, that des not count toward the 30 days.
Bottom line is each state is different.

I recently Lemon Lawā€™d a Honda CR-Vā€¦purchase not a lease. Regardless. What you get back varies from state to state so here it is for Florida.

We received back our down payment and all monthly payments. They subtracted for mileage based a State of Florida formula. There was NO negotiating on the financials. Honda did make several offers to avoid the Lemon Law. We declined.

2 Likes

Yup, it varies per state. California is the easiest. Once you go past 30 days, itā€™s a done deal. Mileage is when. It first occurred. Not bad luck, itā€™s more of a relief, since I want a new one anyways. Lol

1 Like