BMW X3 2019 loaner (Texas): target discount?

Hi, all. First time poster here, and it will be my first lease (if successful.)

I learned from leasehackr that compared to other regions (California or East Coast), Texas is notoriously difficult to get a decent lease. Furthermore, X3 is a relatively popular car, so dealers aren’t motivated to give hefty discount. I also read that it’s difficult to get more than 15% for 2019 X3 back in April (Target discount for lower mileage 2019 BMW X3 loaner)

Now, it’s September, and 2020 is already pouring in.

If I want to lease by the end of this month, what would be a reasonable discount I can target?

I contacted several dealers in Texas, and for a loaner with 3K or 4K miles, it’s been 8-9% discount before incentives, and 16-17% discount after incentives ($1,750 lease discount + $750 conquest discount.)

Any opinion is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I’ve been consistently getting about 14-16% for my clients on these depending on mileage. You just have to target the right dealers.

1 Like

Thank you. May I assume that 14-16% off is before any incentive?

Yes it is. :+1:

Thanks for confirming!

I got a hair over 19% off before incentives last month but my dealer said they would not repeat. So 16-18 would seem to be a fair target. 2.3k miles.

Right deal at the right time. My clients don’t generally have a ton of time to wait on the right deal to drop so we’re generally at the mercy of how monthly numbers look whenever we submit proposals.

Not saying the numbers can’t be massaged a little bit for special circumstances, but for the most part the sales managers and higher that we work with are giving us their best up front so there’s no time wasted on either end.

Great deal! Thanks for sharing!

I got a X3 demo unit with 2k miles in NY
MSRP 50335 for $485.00 a month with 600 total due at signing.
I had 3250 in incentives to lower the price though (loyalty, etc).

Sugarbear786, how do you get to $485 per month with an MSRP that high for the loaner. I get the incentives but still. If you wouldn’t mind sharing more numbers that would be great - I am being offered a 2019 loaner with 4.8k miles for $40,885 before incentives and would love to compare the numbers. Thanks!

I agree that its a great deal. Have purchased 2 cars from dealership already and I have a good relationship with them. Here are my numbers:
MSRP $50335
36/10k
Price after incentives ($3250) and discount =$41952
Adjusted Capitalized cost =$42952
Everything rolled in (acquistion fee, tax, etc)
Monthly payment including NY tax = $485.00
$600 down, including 1st payment+doc fee
I had one payment left on my current BMW lease, which they took care of and rolled in, which reduced the payment a bit more.

Hope this helps!

Today, I bought a 2019 X3 loaner (with 1,500 miles) after $13,111 total discount (MSRP was $47,195.) Your help was essential. Thank you!

1 Like

Just this week, a joker offered me 4% off MSRP deal on 4.5k mi loaner in El Paso (half of that would be just for the loaner mileage penalty)

1 Like

Ouch! That’s absurd.

Yeah West TX and NM in general don’t make very strong offers. Fly out east to DFW and drive one home in time for dinner. :slight_smile: