BMW X2 xDrive loaner $277 / month, $0 down, $2k DAS

MSRP: $44245
Selling Price: $35600
Monthly Payment: $277
Cash Due at Signing: $2000 (tax, acq, doc, first month)
MSD: n/a
Incentives:$4250 (lease incentive + conquest)

Months: 36
Annual Mileage:10,000
MF: .00182
Residual: $25113
Loaner Miles: ~4500

Region: Midwest
Leasehackr Score: 12.9

Spent a good two weeks negotiating this and doing all the research possible on this car. Unfortunately the dealer was offering negative equity on my trade in because of a cracked bumper. Submitted my credit application and all, but I had to walk away, as the dealer was asking for an extra 1000 into the payment.

Would love to hear your thoughts and am happy to share any details about the negotiation.

update: sold my car elsewhere and completed the deal. $281 / month $2k das (went up because of MF change - i demanded winter mats because of the increase)

I think even with the negative equity at $1000, you walked away from a screaming deal.

3 Likes

20% off + incentives on a loaner is good.

1 Like

It was really tough to walk away considering the deal and time invested to get it to that payment, but I had my number and wasn’t prepared to go over. I submitted a credit application on the 31st so I plan to go back at the end of November since I’ve now reduced my trade-in’s payoff by one payment; plus I bumped up my offer to 285 / month to cover most of the bumper. That totals about $500 which hopefully they’ll take. They’ve got a bunch of these sitting on their lot at 4k miles, so I’m hopeful they’ll make a deal at the end of the month.

edit: forgot to mention that I have the extended coverage on my current lease so there’s not a huge incentive to pay for that bumper

I would expect that car to be gone at the end of this month - either sold or sent to auction. There is likely no more room in it. This is approaching unicorn status given the MSRP.

Looking around at loaners on websites. The top discount before negotiation is 16% on an X2 but 22% on an X1. Is there any reason for this? I got laughed at by the dealer who has the 22% on the X1 when I asked for 20% on the X2.

All depends on what a given dealer is motivated to do on a specific unit. Mileage, time on the lot for sale, desirability of the option configuration, etc.

I’m in the Midwest (IN) as well, interested in where you’re located at? Haven’t started the negotiations yet with my local dealer, but what they’re showing is nowhere near the deal you got.

Be leery of BMW discounts online. 95% of the time, they include all incentives in that discount.

Would you mind sharing the dealership you were working with?

What’s the best strategy for finding loaners? Go to dealers individual websites? Go to bmwusa and look for low-mileage cars then check the dealer site?

1 Like

Cargurus…search for 18s with under 5k. Look at carfax to make sure it wasn’t already titled.

Just finalized on Saturday. Sold my car to another dealership for $160 negative equity (didnt mind paying this because the dispo fee would have been 350 anyways). Headed over to the BMW dealership and signed the deal. They weaseled a different deal after i sold my car but the final payment came to $281 with $2k DAS. I made a stink about it and asked for winter mats to make up for the difference.

This is at Motorwerks BMW in MN.

1 Like

Post your numbers please! Great deal add it to the trophy garage

Does anyone know if Conquest is location specific? Any good way to find conquest cash offerings?

Things changed a little bit from the original - dealer made a mistake (or did they?) with the lease credit offering 3,250 when it should only be 2,250. They ended up honoring it and took it off the sale price.

1 Like