BMW TX lease check and Owners Choice option

Hi everyone,

been lurking for a while here and finally decided to sign up and participate.
I’ve been shopping around a bit and am fairly new to TX and am learning how sub-ideal the tax situation here is.

I tried to recreate a deal that was posted here with the BMW e-models and Owners Choice and put a lease next to it in order to compare it.

Description of the lease so far:
2021 BMW 330e new
MSRP $52,xxx
Selling : 50,xxx
Incentives: $3500 after selling price.
Monthly Payment: $709
Drive-Off Amount: $1030 (got no breakdown)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10K
MF:. 00122
Residual: 58
Region: TX
Leasehackr Score: 6.7
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Lease Link

Feedback on these numbers: I believe ~3% off MSRP is an insult. Incentives seem good. MF seems inflated. Overall not a good feeling. Any advice?

On Owners Choice, here’s my try at putting this into a calculator, same conditions except:
APR: 3.84%
E-rebates: $2500 Texas, $5836 Federal; $8336 total
Link: Owners Choice

APR seems inflated, still low discount on pre-incentive MSRP.
I’d like to make Owners Choice work to use the government rebates. Thankful for any advice you guys may have.

Thanks!

Reach out to @IAC

Move on to a different dealer.

Owners Choice is a good idea with the 330e, problem is stock is really low so discounting will be less competitive. If you can find an 330e ex-loaner/demo here or out of state with a dealer willing to discount more and use Owners Choice it could be cheaper. Just have to factor in delivery/pickup costs.

I think San Antonio last year was offloading their fleet of loaners, many of which were 330e’s, and maybe they have more to offload soon, worth investigating.

Hah. Thought the same after I saw those rates. I’ll give them one more shot at improving those quotes.

I have looked through the San Antonio inventory and couln’t find any demo/loaners there. Also since it’ll be my first rebate and first Owners Choice, I don’t want to make any mistakes and end up not qualifying for rebates due to non-new car.

I’ll give San Antonio a call and see if they have anything.

That’s a gap I wouldn’t expect to close

@IAC. They did a lot of good OC deals on 530e’s a while ago.

Have a read up here: Signed: Loaner 330e $49,945 MSRP - $347.14/mo, $0 DAS... Titled In My Name! on the deals in 2019.

Forgot to say, Owners Choice interest rate is always higher than lease but normally is a small detail when you look at the rebates. Don’t know if they can mark it up though so need to check that.

Probably need to speak to a knowledgeable sales person or manager at San Antonio as they might have some units coming up available soon.

That was the thread that started my journey :smile:
And yes, I was expecting OC to have an uplift, but the one they quoted me was really inflated and probably supposed to make a lease look attractive.

2 Likes