BMW’s turn to cut models/expenses

I think it depends on where you roll. Plano / Frisco? Of course. Oak Cliff? Probably not.

Hahaha, you got me there. I’m most often seen in Preston Hollow and Far North Dallas areas so I’m sure that has something to do with it.

There was a pretty popular Debbie that visited Dallas in the late 70s. Wonder what ever happened to her.

1 Like

Wasn’t aware Volkswagen made a mid-engine convertible.

She toured the whole country afterwards

1 Like

I wonder if you’re my friend’s parents’ neighbor…haha. He’s from 75248.

1 Like

I won’t confirm or deny my residence in the ‘48…

1 Like

I used to live up in the 75093. Dated a bleeding artist girl who lived down below I-30. It’s a whole different world down there.

That’s for sure. I rarely venture south of I-30 except for the state fair…lol…

So back on topic. I feel like the X2 has a place in the lineup against the GLA… if anything they need to drop all the weird GT models.

Bitch never came to PA.

1 Like

She was scared of a young Ben Roethlisberger

1 Like

He was acquitted of all charges…all 3 times :grin::joy:.

And, he found Jesus.

3 Likes

Someone needs to hack an 8 series. I saw one for the first time today. Utterly gorgeous!!

1 Like

Many MB coupes/convertibles will not survive past this generation. The SLC has already been discontinued, and the rumor is that the S-Class coupe/conv is dead.

I don’t recall reading anything about the next-gen GT convertible, but since the next-gen SL has been confirmed as moving to a common platform w/ the next GT, I can’t imagine why they’d offer 2 convertibles on the same platform (although I wouldn’t put it past them, either).

That should effectively reduce the number of convertibles to 3.

So far then, the rumor mill has BMW cancelling:

• 3 Series Touring (for North America)
  • 3 Series GT
  • 6 Series GT
  • 6 Series Grand Coupe
  • 7 Series short wheel base (for North America)
  • 8 Series Coupe
  • 8 Series Cabrio
  • 2 Series Cabrio
  • X2
  • Z4

That’s quite the chop! Some of these absolutely deserved to go, but the X2 is surprising. Yes it’s a compromised design but it could be improved on for the second generation. I quite like a lowered version of a raised version of a hatchback. They also really need a decent EV. The i3 was awesome but it’s been around for 6 years with barely any update. C’mon.

1 Like

No way they are canceling this?!? It just came out.

Seems at least possible. I’ve read it other places, too. Not exactly the the NYT but coupes and verts sell slower than sedans. And we see what’s happening to them.

Edit: doesn’t mean after one model year, though. Just won’t be a subsequent gen, right?

:bat:

3 Likes

Could be a gentleman’s agreement to not sandbag Supra sales. :wink:

You’re mistaking giant corporations for gentlemen?

:bat:

1 Like

3 series wagon / gt / 6 series gt isn’t a rumor. All of those are for sure being dropped for the US market. G20 wagon isn’t coming to the US, and the GTs are all dead.

I can see the X2 being dropped since they weren’t selling very well compared to the X1 and didn’t really pick up a lot of steam during the X1 stop sale.