BMW production timing

Once the car goes into “Production Begins”, is there a way to find out an actual ETA?

Your client advisor should be able to look up your order and give you a rough timeline. Is this mystery model built in the US, Mexico, or Germany?

It’s an x3 30i xdrive, I think those are US built

Those have a quick turn around, so you are probably anywhere from 2-4 weeks away depending how close you are to the factory.

2 Likes

Is mybmw website completely useless for tracking progress? I called the genius line and it says production completion ETA is 3/5 but the website is still showing “production begins”. Does anyone know which system is more accurate?

I have a build that’s supposed to be completed today and it was in “production begins” until this morning when it moved further along. The tracker is almost useless up until production completes, but from what I’ve seen on bimmerpost it’s usually on point for all statuses after.

Thanks. Hopefully it just runs through all the statuses in a day and ships out early next week.

So basically they don’t start building until the ETA date. Checked this morning and it went past outer panels assembly and paint booth and is entering assembly line.